Record into wavetable?

sleepzzz

Record into wavetable?

Post by sleepzzz »

Hi. I tried searching this topic, but the search said "wavetable" is too common and wouldn't do it. Forgive me if this has been asked before.

I was wondering if there is any way to record directly into the wavetable. I know Jeskola Loop Recorder and the built-in HD recorder can record into my folders, but I see no option for into the wavetable. I tried Whitenoise and Cyanphase/CnG recorders, which do record into the wavetable, but they both crashed and/or recorded silence. Maybe they only work with old Buzz?

Is it possible that I am overlooking something? Is this already implented in Buzz or being considered?

I ask because I don't record loops, just single hits/noises. It's fine to record into folders and then find them and add them to the wavetable, but I do end up having to delete all of those WAVs later because they are only recorded to edit in the wave editor in Buzz. It would be much easier to put these all directly into Buzz and not have to clean up after every session. Small things, maybe I'm lazy.

Thank you
flat

Re: Record into wavetable?

Post by flat »

CnG recorder is crashing here as well (w7, i7, 1465)
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

CnG is working fine here (w7,i7 - v1453: I've remained at that build as the more recent versions are a little too beta for my tastes)
thepr0f

Post by thepr0f »

btd's AudioTrack will also allow you to record into the wavetable.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

I'll have to try AudioTrack... that one has escaped my attention thus far.
sleepzzz

Post by sleepzzz »

I had to google AudioTrack, but I found it and it works pretty well. Thanks for mentioning it, I didn't know about it!

I'm on 1453 as well, but using XP SP3. I don't know if that is why some things don't work as well, but I am enjoying this build very much. I was on 1119 since it came out and I thought I wasn't able to use any of the later builds after the .net update, etc. Someone said it works fine on XP so I updated and it does. I'm on a poor netbook with 1.6ghz cpu and 2GB RAM. Anyone reading that has XP and wants to update, I suggest it!
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Yeah that was the build I was on before I switched to my new lappy as well (and have still remained on due to stability). CnG definitely worked on XP w/1453 though so not quite sure why it's failing on your machine :(
domtron

Post by domtron »

the polac loader feature "record to wavetable" is awesome but it doesn't work with the newer builds.
i hope it will be fixed.
vacuum

Post by vacuum »

CnG recorder doesn't work on my win7 machine too (build 1464)
Being able to playback the recording at the same time that it records was always a nice feature in buzz (CnG recorder).
So you could apply Matilde effects to anything you want. (Like in my track "Overcomputed" on buzztunes.)
I Always hope for a 32bit version.
Maybe it can work even better on new buzz if the playback machine is delayed a few miliseconds.
(...this in the case that the pattern -> machine is delayed and not just the machine's output.
I don't know if that's the way the machine delay compensation works.)
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

vacuum wrote:CnG recorder doesn't work on my win7 machine too (build 1464)
you can probably get it to work, might just lack some dependancys. use dependancy walker on the dll to find out what's missing.
thOke

Post by thOke »

UNZ wrote:
vacuum wrote:CnG recorder doesn't work on my win7 machine too (build 1464)
you can probably get it to work, might just lack some dependancys. use dependancy walker on the dll to find out what's missing.
does not work with new buzz bld 1465 here either - win xp sp3. it does not lack any dependancies and works fine with old buzz.
wde freezer 1.5, which also streams to the wavetable, crashes new buzz, too (worked with older builds though).
wde freezer 0.10 still works fine with old buzz, but not new buzz.
switching to old wavetable view (ctrl+w) makes no difference.

edit: i just tried cng recorder with new buzz build 1453 and it works works fine !!
so the problem seems to be related to the wavetable in latest buzz builds.
Last edited by thOke on Tue May 08, 2012 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

How old are we talking when you say 'old' ? As I say I got CnG to work on both XP SP3 and Win7 using v.1453
thOke

Post by thOke »

you are right ... the problem starts somewhere after (new) buzz build 1453.

with "old buzz" i always mean the latest beta from 2000 ... Buzz BTC (Before The Crash) ;)
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

I notice that cng still instantly crashes on the latest build (1467). Is there any alternative Machine chain record -> wavetable that works in the post 1453 builds or know what is causing these machines to fail ?
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

thOke wrote:you are right ... the problem starts somewhere after (new) buzz build 1453.

with "old buzz" i always mean the latest beta from 2000 ... Buzz BTC (Before The Crash) ;)
After installing the complete 145x range of Buzz it appears as if 1457 is the last build for these recorders to work, from 1458 onwards you get an instant 'crashed' status of that machine when getting it to record audio to the wavetable. The debug console gives the following:
00:16 [Engine] 'CnG Recorder' (CnG Recorder) crashed in Tick() (unknown exception)

Looking at the changelog on the version that causes the crash -
--- Build 1458 - Sunday, 19 February 2012 18:33:42 UTC
- new pattern editor: undoable add/del/clone pattern and pattern property changes
- MachineGUIFactoryDecl.UseThemeStyles
- bugfixes
So I'm guessing it's something in the bugfixes part of update that has caused this problem. Is there anything that can be done ?
Evelon

Post by Evelon »

I hope this gets fixed. CnG Recorder is (still) very very useful.
flat

Post by flat »

wde's EasyRec it's far from CnG, but it records to wavetable.

here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=206