Can't get midi out to work

dukajoe

Can't get midi out to work

Post by dukajoe »

I used to use vMidiOut to send a CC to an external device, but that doesn't work anymore. So now I am trying to use polac midi out techniques to do the same thing, with no success. I am using the polac asio driver. I will take, say midi yoke 3 out vsti and connect it to the master. I'll put notes in it, track the notes and play ect, but I dont ever see the output show up in midi-ox. By the way, I can open a stand alone vst, turn on the output, and see it through any of my devices. The only time I see any output in midi-ox is when I select any of my hardware devices as midi output devices in the preferences and then uncheck them or close buzz. In that case, I will see a bunch of note off stuff. I have tried using the hardware midi device in polac, but that does not work either. I am doing something wrong, or could there be something messed up with my configuration? I have a clean-ish buzz installation, so could there be some derelict machine or file that is messing this up?
polac

Re: Can't get midi out to work

Post by polac »

Hi, do you have "Sync to Asio Timestamp" enabled in the ASIO Settings? If yes this might be the problem, there is a bug when enabling this one.
dukajoe

Re: Can't get midi out to work

Post by dukajoe »

That fixed it! Buzz seems slightly more crashy when I was creating and deleting midi out vsti's, but then it stabilized when I was just using one.