CnG recorder broken since v1458

mcbpete

CnG recorder broken since v1458

Post by mcbpete »

I know there was a mention about this in another topic but it sort of got buried between other posts so thought it'd be best to have a separate topic. So after installing the complete 145x range of Buzz it appears as if 1457 is the last build for this recorder to work, from 1458 onwards you get an instant 'crashed' status of that machine when getting it to record audio to the wavetable. The debug console gives the following:
00:16 [Engine] 'CnG Recorder' (CnG Recorder) crashed in Tick() (unknown exception)

Looking at the changelog on the version that causes the crash -
--- Build 1458 - Sunday, 19 February 2012 18:33:42 UTC
- new pattern editor: undoable add/del/clone pattern and pattern property changes
- MachineGUIFactoryDecl.UseThemeStyles
- bugfixes
Here's a download link for a zip containing the aforementioned machine along with a very basic demo: http://www.ilovecubus.co.uk/pete/CnG.zip

Hitting play on Buzz builds up to v1457 will play a bass kick and record that kick into wavetable position 1, hitting play on builds 1458 till the latest will still play the kick but crash the recorder and thus not record anything into the wavetable.

It's a fantastic machine that I've used many times in the past but alas Buzz no longer wants to play ball with it :cry:
Evelon

Re: CnG recorder broken since v1458

Post by Evelon »

Missing CnG myself and agreeing with everything you said. Using 1457 atm and don't feel the need to use later/latest builds. Sad though.