dBlue Glitch's CPU usage is absolute craziness

wauterboi

dBlue Glitch's CPU usage is absolute craziness

Post by wauterboi »

Let me explain.

I'm a huge fan of dBlue Glitch, and I've never experienced much of an issue outside of just straight up CPU tomfoolery.

If the instances of glitch have no sound traveling through it, my entire song lags pretty hard, and the VST itself uses up to 30% of the CPU for no reason. If they are being used, the song runs along smoothly with literally no laggy crackly stutters.

Does anyone know why this would be the case, or if there's any workaround for this?

EDIT: HAMST3R TO THE RESCUE. I'M USING CHEAPO'S FIXER! It stops Glitch from ever having a completely silent input, which seems to be causing the issue.
Hamst3r

Re: dBlue Glitch's CPU usage is absolute craziness

Post by Hamst3r »

*flies in from the skies*

Cheapo Fixer.

*takes off again*
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

Look, up in the sky ... it's a bird ... no, it's a plane ... NO, IT'S SUPER HAMST3R!
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

I usually use the Normalizer VST

http://www.digitalfishphones.com/main.p ... &subItem=6

Cheapo Fixer I've had... some mixed results with.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

Hamst3r wrote:*flies in from the skies*

Cheapo Fixer.

*takes off again*

I was wondering what happened to that little rodent. seems he's gained flying...
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

szaszhareen wrote:I was wondering what happened to that little rodent. seems he's gained flying...
I hear he's quite the equestrian as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1FdAkLKYxo
mute

Post by mute »

Don't use fixer, there is a VST preference for processing on silence.. use that instead. However, I never have this problem with Glitch.. its probably got something to do with the machine(s) feeding into it instead.

IMO.. you should never have to use Fixer for anything. If you do, you should delete the reasons why and move on with life. In this day and age of abundance and options, theres no reason to tolerate a buggy machine or vst (except in that very rare case of uniqueness).