Peer Machines controlling VST/i s

mcbpete

Peer Machines controlling VST/i s

Post by mcbpete »

Hi guys -

Quick question with possibly a very simple answer. I've realised that I have no idea how to get Peer Machines (In this case Peer LFO) to trigger/alter the CC parameters of VSTs. I know the particular CC for this particular VST is #0008 but what on the drop down list do I select to make PeerLFO assigned to oscillate the values of just that parameter? Paramer Val obviously seems the most likely candidate, but how do you get it so it's assigned to CC #0007 ?
UNZ

Re: Peer Machines controlling VST/i s

Post by UNZ »

It's based on tracks. Set "Track Parameter" to whatever param of the vst you want to control then assign peerctrl / lfo the the "Track Parameter VALUE" of that track.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

UNZ wrote:It's based on tracks. Set "Track Parameter" to whatever param of the vst you want to control
I think that's the bit I'm not getting. How do you set a 'Track Parameter', is this done on the pattern of the VST(i) itself, a pattern on the peer machine, on a gui of the peer machine ?

In this instance are 'tracks' the same as the CC value, so in this case I have to set whatever it is I have to set to track #08 ?
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

i just set it in the pvst pattern, seems easiest.
even easier: use auto learn on slot 0 to set the Track Parameter of Track 0. Those slots correspond to the Track numbers by default.
You can then press CTRL-T in the pvst pattern on "Track Parameter" column if you want to know the value, but this is not necessary.

no, tracks do not correspond to CC values.

http://vimeo.com/1675783
I think this might help, even tough it doesn't show the bit about setting the "Track Parameter" explicitly in the pvst pattern, because it isn't really necessary.
It shows however how the slots in auto learn correspond to the tracks in pvst pattern.

As long as the "Track Parameter" is set in parameter window of pvst it will work of course, so no need to enter it into the pattern.
To see this change from "GUI" to "Parameter List" in PVST (F3). It will become obvious then i think.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Ah got it now thanks, I wasn't sure how to attach the CC to track 0 at a gui level - but video helped ! (for other people stumped, go to the VST(i) gui then click Learn, click on 00 on the right, then click AutoLearn and twiddle the slider/dial on the gui you want attaching to track 00)

I was then stumped for a while after that as I was getting PeerLFO to send values to 'Track Command Value' rather than the correct setting: 'Param Val'.
bomgaroto

Post by bomgaroto »

Thank for the explanation. I was also having a hard time to do the exact same thing. I wanted to use Peer LFO to control two parameters of the VST but could not get my head around how to do it.

So, if the controls are assigned per-track that means we can not control more than 8 VST params with Peer LFO.
(not that I am going to need to do that any time soon, but just for the sake of making it clear in my head).

Cheers!
tinga

Post by tinga »

bomgaroto wrote:So, if the controls are assigned per-track that means we can not control more than 8 VST params with Peer LFO.
Polac VST has not only 8 tracks, but 128, you can control 128 params of a vst at the same time. ("ctrl+" in pattern editor or "add track" in machine window).