Farbrausch V2 GUI

HeidiLikesEBM

Re: Farbrausch V2 GUI

Post by HeidiLikesEBM »

snowglobe wrote:Just as an FYI to all you all interested in getting FV2 to work: BR808 (was $, now freeware) is very akin to it (it's by one of the same Farbrausch guys who dev'd FV2).

IMO, the speech synthesis system in BR808 looks much more promising. (Tinga, how about a tutorial? I can change the speech in your example and in beRo's, but I can't seem to make my own talking patch from scratch).
Thank you! This looks like it'll work really well.
HeidiLikesEBM

Post by HeidiLikesEBM »

Great, BR808 isn't displaying a GUI either. At least, not in Cubase. As a standalone, it works fine. None of my other plugins are doing this. Should I just give up?
ags

Post by ags »

tinga wrote:It's better to select osc with large spectrum.
Yeah, you can make understandable voices with this one more easily. Somehow that's less fun though.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

tinga wrote:
snowglobe wrote:Tinga, how about a tutorial? I can change the speech in your example and in beRo's, but I can't seem to make my own talking patch from scratch
1- Select instrument (the 3 boxes Instruments Global Export)
2- click on "speech" and create your sentences (128 presets possible)
3-now to play your phrases, select "channel" and after select speech, it's another page under the instrument menu, active it.

It's better to select osc with large spectrum.
He delivers! Thanks, tinga! (I was getting frustrated that there still wasn't any sound -- finally noticed that the default gain setting for speech output was -191 dB!)
ags

Post by ags »

HeidiLikesEBM wrote:Great, BR808 isn't displaying a GUI either. At least, not in Cubase. As a standalone, it works fine. None of my other plugins are doing this. Should I just give up?
No! Don't give up!
While I want to help, if the standalone works, and the plugin fails in Cubase - maybe someone on a cubase forum can help (Did you try BR808 in Buzz though? Same result?)
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

ags wrote:
HeidiLikesEBM wrote:Great, BR808 isn't displaying a GUI either. At least, not in Cubase. As a standalone, it works fine. None of my other plugins are doing this. Should I just give up?
No! Don't give up!
While I want to help, if the standalone works, and the plugin fails in Cubase - maybe someone on a cubase forum can help (Did you try BR808 in Buzz though? Same result?)
And dependency walker.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

snowglobe wrote:
tinga wrote: He delivers! Thanks, tinga! (I was getting frustrated that there still wasn't any sound -- finally noticed that the default gain setting for speech output was -191 dB!)
Hey tinga, one more thing: how does one switch between different text presets? (Doesn't seem to be cc4 like in v2?)
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

br808 gui opens for me using buzz and cubase le5. were you able to get it to open using buzz?
HeidiLikesEBM

Post by HeidiLikesEBM »

szaszhareen wrote:
br808 gui opens for me using buzz and cubase le5. were you able to get it to open using buzz?
Nope. As its own machine, I get an error message; with pvst and pvsti it just crashes buzz.
tinga

Post by tinga »

snowglobe wrote:Hey tinga, one more thing: how does one switch between different text presets? (Doesn't seem to be cc4 like in v2?)
Modulation matrix :lol:
create a new modulation, select the source you want (mw is cool), ChnSpeech TxNr as target, and rule the param, you have 128 phrases by instrument!!

br808 is fantastic, but no limits in params 8-) , filter above 80 000 hz, transposition, everything is disproportionate, sometimes the result is instability, this is not a machine with which you can play innocently with parameters, it's better if you know what you do.

I'm happy to see topic about br808 (cause v2 gui), since 4 month, all my work is on the Corona, to the point of forgetting Bero's machine :oops:

my presets for br808, the first set, so too much crap, i've to work again on this great freeware, with a very effective tuning system: scalla presets :geek:
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

tinga wrote: Modulation matrix :lol:
create a new modulation, select the source you want (mw is cool), ChnSpeech TxNr as target, and rule the param, you have 128 phrases by instrument!!
Ah, yes, the modulation matrix. Very versatile. Thanks again!
thOke

Post by thOke »

another idea ...

in the review section of Farbrausch V2 at buzzmachines com -
http://www.buzzmachines.com/machineinfo.php?id=926

someone mentioned, that a file called GDIplus.dll has to be in windows system directory !!
gdiplus.zip
(979.62 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
he also posted the link to a small utility called squeezer.
it squeezes v2 v1.5 window (also it working with v1.5single & v1.0) - now you can work with v2 on 1024x768 screen resolution.
http://sky-killers.narod.ru/load/NeoS0M.7z

perhaps resizing the GUI will let it appear for those who are missing it ?? perhaps not ... but worth a try imo.

and finally there is a link to a huge collection of v2m files:
http://sky-killers.narod.ru/load/v2m_collector.7z
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Unfortunately V2 still doesnt work, well I mean it crashes buzz when I try to open the V2 proper gui.
I have put the gdi dll in my windows system directory (but I am under Win7, I dont know if it will help).
To use the squeezer you have to open the V2 ("open v2 plugin window") but I cant, if I double-click on it it crashes buzz, same if I ask 'instrument editor' in the right-click menu.
The only thing I can do is open parameter window where I can change the intrument type. Of course I cant tweak it. But it works and produce sound. Same for old songs with V2, all is working until I try to open the gui... :cry:
It's a real pain that this synth is unusuable out of the presets as it is a major one like Qsamo, Infector, GreenMilk and such.
The VST (v.1.5) just doesnt work, it said 'couldn't load v2edit.dle (which is in the same folder as the vst). :(
thOke

Post by thOke »

Since a few day i am using windows 7 on a 64-bit system! :!:

unfortunately the buzz version of farbrausch v2 indeed does not show the gui anymore in 'new buzz'. :(
but ... the vst version does :o - you have to enable 'run as seperate process' in polac's preferences. 8-)

AND it works with 'old buzz' from 2000. so the gui problem is ('new'-)buzz related, not a windows 7 issue. :ugeek:
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Thanks, the vst is working 8-)
I just have to replace the gen by a vst if I want to rework an old song which is using Farbrausch V2.
Trop cool :lol:
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

thOke wrote:...

AND it works with 'old buzz' from 2000. so the gui problem is ('new'-)buzz related, not a windows 7 issue. :ugeek:
strangely though, the OP couldn't get it to work in cubase either.

congrats on the new OS! :)
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Thoke once said: "AND it works with 'old buzz' from 2000. so the gui problem is ('new'-)buzz related, not a windows 7 issue. '
Thats absolutely true, Farbrausch GUI problem is not related to the operating System, the original farbrauschV2 works with an Overloaded Old Buzz and Win 10 like a charm, but not in the New Buzz build 1503. As I have both versions of Buzz installed, I don't care, but its not OS related, it is simply a New Buzz problem ...
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

A pity it doesnt work anymore as buzz generator.
I have made a new fresh buzz install without any VST so I cant use it.
As far as I remember there is a workaround to use it as a generator but it works only if you do not open the gui by right clicking on the machine in MV and asking for "Instrument Editor" or double click on the machine.
But you can ask for parameter window by right click and change the instrument preset in it.
It is possible to use the CC# value ? I have not enough knoweldge in Midi stuff to try this solution. But I will test it (blindly).
Fortunately we have QSAMO which is also a killer synth :D
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

Hi there,
someone on github worked on Farbrausch's V2 around Christmas time, as it seems.
On GitHub, under
https://github.com/ EZForever/ Viruz2
(without the blanks), he left some stuff ...

The Win32 Buzz-version he stored there is loadable into the official 2022 New Buzz, or better say into the 32 bit 1503 build of Jeskola Buzz Tracker

As far as I tried, it loads, (rename or backup your old original files, before trying), it works with gui, preset load, etc. The Buzz version works better than the Vsti, 'cause vst does only load the first preset of a bank (within my setup) ...

I could not get the speech engine to work yet, and also it doesn't work for me with bmx/bmw files, which include the "original" version.

So, perhaps someone can build a legal version which also works with the old bmx/bmw files, perhaps vsti, with preset loading and speech engine ...?

Would be fine to get some response/feedback, if this is possible to do ...
Last edited by Buzztler on Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »