suddenly not able to save specific track

syphilissauna

suddenly not able to save specific track

Post by syphilissauna »

Ive been working diligently on this track for a span and for some reason today I could no longer save the track , at all . even going back to the original version (deleting machines that I added in this mornings sessions etc ) I even tried importing it into a blank bmx and tho the sequence still works as is I still cant save . Ive also tried changing the name etc .. any ideas .. sorta frustrating because I was just getting to the point with the track where I wanted to start finalizing things ... Thanks in advance for any help .
UNZ

Re: suddenly not able to save specific track

Post by UNZ »

and what exactly happens when you save it ?
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Without any description of what "not being able to save" really means (do you see any error messages? does the computer explode when you click Ctrl-S?) we can only guess.

Maybe your harddisk is full? :D
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

sorry to be vague . what happens is that when I hit cntrl S (only on this specific track ) my computer freezes and buzz crashes . If I try to save as a different file name it appears to save except I noticed the file isnt being renamed as usual and when you reopen without restarting buzz it says "file is already in use " and if you try and reopen the renamed file after restarting Buzz its only the master machine (all other machines , patterns etc are gone ) My hard disk is definitely way off from being even close to full (some 412 gb free ) and as I said earlier i can save any other track and even when I try and import this song into a completely blank one and save it crashes . I dont get any sort of error message (besides the afore mentioned "file is in use" ) .. so yeah really stumped . I could try systematically deleting machines but Im not sure how that would help because I didnt add any after the last time I saved .. so its not like I added a buggy machine that is crashing it ..
id attach a BMW but it wont even let me save as .. ugh .
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

I might be way off, but did you try a diskcheck on that particular partition?

To try to isolate the problem you could take a look in Windows´s Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application after Buzz has crashed.
If the file is already in use after a crash check Window´s Task Manager for a still running Buzz.exe and end the process.
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

ill check with the event viewer later tonight but yeah have had to end process after it crashes . thanks !
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

so I finally got time to use event viewer whilst trying to save and the error message i get on event viewer is
Faulting application name: buzz.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x50e19e2c
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16915, time stamp: 0x4ec49d10
Exception code: 0xc0150014
Fault offset: 0x00084597
Faulting process id: 0x694
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0fbb2fc5a16b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\buzz1478\Buzz\buzz.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 148b93ee-7baf-11e2-acf4-1c7508d68e90

which i dont know anything much about programming so yeah .. not sure but below is what buzz debug log says

00:06 [WPF] RenderOptions.ProcessRenderMode == RenderMode.SoftwareOnly
00:06 [WPFTraceListener] BindingExpression path error: 'DecreaseCommand' property not found on 'object' ''PatternControl' (Name='patternControl')'. BindingExpression:Path=DecreaseCommand; DataItem='PatternControl' (Name='patternControl'); target element is 'MenuItem' (Name=''); target property is 'Command' (type 'ICommand')
00:06 [WPFTraceListener] BindingExpression path error: 'IncreaseCommand' property not found on 'object' ''PatternControl' (Name='patternControl')'. BindingExpression:Path=IncreaseCommand; DataItem='PatternControl' (Name='patternControl'); target element is 'MenuItem' (Name=''); target property is 'Command' (type 'ICommand')
00:06 [WPFTraceListener] BindingExpression path error: 'InterpolateCommand' property not found on 'object' ''PatternControl' (Name='patternControl')'. BindingExpression:Path=InterpolateCommand; DataItem='PatternControl' (Name='patternControl'); target element is 'MenuItem' (Name=''); target property is 'Command' (type 'ICommand')
00:06 [WPFTraceListener] BindingExpression path error: 'InterpolateCommand' property not found on 'object' ''PatternControl' (Name='patternControl')'. BindingExpression:Path=InterpolateCommand; DataItem='PatternControl' (Name='patternControl'); target element is 'MenuItem' (Name=''); target property is 'Command' (type 'ICommand')
00:06 [WPFTraceListener] BindingExpression path error: 'RotateCommand' property not found on 'object' ''PatternControl' (Name='patternControl')'. BindingExpression:Path=RotateCommand; DataItem='PatternControl' (Name='patternControl'); target element is 'MenuItem' (Name=''); target property is 'Command' (type 'ICommand')
00:06 [WPFTraceListener] BindingExpression path error: 'RotateCommand' property not found on 'object' ''PatternControl' (Name='patternControl')'. BindingExpression:Path=RotateCommand; DataItem='PatternControl' (Name='patternControl'); target element is 'MenuItem' (Name=''); target property is 'Command' (type 'ICommand')
00:06 [WPFTraceListener] BindingExpression path error: 'WriteStateCommand' property not found on 'object' ''PatternControl' (Name='patternControl')'. BindingExpression:Path=WriteStateCommand; DataItem='PatternControl' (Name='patternControl'); target element is 'MenuItem' (Name=''); target property is 'Command' (type 'ICommand')

anyone might know what this might mean ?
strobotone

Post by strobotone »

the logs look, well .. normal.
can you attach a screenshot of your MachineView setup in question?
did you already try to reproduce the issue after a reinstall or a later build?
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

not yet . ill try and then post a pic ..
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

are you using a custom theme ?
even if not: try to switch back to the default theme.

also this seems odd:
RenderOptions.ProcessRenderMode == RenderMode.SoftwareOnly

don't you have a proper gpu ?
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

proper GPU ? but no im not using a theme ..just the default ..
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

well I completely uninstalled and reinstalled Buzz (now on latest version )but this annoying creature of a track still refuses to save . Its like the ancient evil gods of electronic music got jealous or something . oh well . onward and upward .
bahador

Post by bahador »

I’m not sure what exactly was your previous version but thank god Oskari has been kind to provide us with the backup feature and it really saved my ass couple of times in the past. it really is a life savor and you can only appreciate the irony of this feature when you feel all desperate and helpless when a track just doesn’t work, load or can't be saved either.

If you have made previous copies of a working session of the session you are working on, you may refer to the backed up files and just simply remove the backup suffix at the very end of the file name and simply drop it into buzz and see if it works or not.

But again it has helped me big time and hopefully it will be of a help to you as well.
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

hmm so i can see that the backup file is there .. but its extension is already BMX .. how else can i change it ?
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

syphilissauna wrote:hmm so i can see that the backup file is there .. but its extension is already BMX .. how else can i change it ?
no, it's bmx.backup, switch off stupid filename extension hiding in windows.
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

weird changed backup to a regular bmx and still cant save or save as... ugh .
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

How long is the track? And how it looks like in the Pianoroll View?
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

Just saw your other post about length and piano roll . this track isnt that long of a track and I do use note offs to insure that i dont get a lot of hanging notes or anything .. really strange .. Ive tried to reproduce this problem using the same machines etc to no avail so have to assume its a glitch in the sequence somewhere .
Mu_

Post by Mu_ »

Well, I'm good with investigating bugs so maybe put somewhere the file and I will fix the track.