sequence snafu

szaszhareen

sequence snafu

Post by szaszhareen »

i encountered a strange problem today. using the sequence editor, i highlighted a few rows and columns, hit ctrl x and pasted them where i wanted them. they appeared in the correct place, but the numbers were blank; they were just blank rectangles instead of 00, 01, etc. i didn't think to get a screenshot of that, but things started to get weirder so i've got some examples below. in the first two, you can see that at 2272 and earlier, the patterns snap to the grid as normal. but after 2352, there is a slight gap between the patterns. this is also reflected in the audio, you can see as well as hear that there are distinct gaps between the patterns. this is also visible in the normal sequence view.

here's a shot of the normal sequence view. in the 3rd column, below pattern 07, you can see some un-numbered patterns. those aren't actually patterns, they're just sort of there and i can't delete them. there is also some funkiness going on with the way some of the other patterns are being displayed.

restarting buzz does not solve this problem. the .bmx.backup file has the same errors. i also tried uninstalling buzz and installing build 1481 (the song was made with 1480). Can anyone propose a solution? It's a bummer because I had just finished arranging the song and it's now unlistenable due to the tiny gaps. :cry:
UNZ

Re: sequence snafu

Post by UNZ »

in the old seq set the step size to 1, maybe you'll see better what goes on
Evelon

Post by Evelon »

Shift + NumPad minus/plus (in old SEQ)
vinnie pine

Post by vinnie pine »

Reminds me of a similar glitch I had a few months ago. Used the same hi hat pattern throughout a track, at one point the hat pattern plays out of time by a quarter of a beat but everything else is ok , after about 32 bars the pattern plays as it should. At all other times the same pattern and all other patterns play normally.
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

vinnie pine wrote:Reminds me of a similar glitch I had a few months ago. Used the same hi hat pattern throughout a track, at one point the hat pattern plays out of time by a quarter of a beat but everything else is ok , after about 32 bars the pattern plays as it should. At all other times the same pattern and all other patterns play normally.
i had this too, while copying stuff in the sequencer, turns out its fixable if you "zoom in" by adjusting the step size (the patterns got put off by 1 tick or so in seq on paste for some reason)
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

awesome! that took care of it. the patterns were double pasted a tick apart. deleted the extra patterns and all is right again.

thanks! :D