x64 problem

xlorite

x64 problem

Post by xlorite »

what's the status of x64 version? are you using it without problems? i tried to load some projects created on 32 bit version and everything loads ok but when i try to play or delete any machine buzz freezes and crashes. but there are few projects that work flawlessly. both working and crashing projects have vst's so i think it's not the problem. i would be happy to hear some advices how to get the x64 version stable
mcbpete

Re: x64 problem

Post by mcbpete »

xlorite wrote:i would be happy to hear some advices how to get the x64 version stable
I think the only advice would be wait until it's out of 'experimental' status before using it as an alternative to the x86 one. To be honest unless you're using huge sample library VSTis there's not really much reason for using the 64 bit builds - It's not like the 64 one makes things twice as fast as the 32 or anything like that.

Actually a great FAQ that applies equally as well to Buzz can be read here - https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/64bit-myths-facts/
xlorite

Post by xlorite »

ok thanks for the info! ;)
xlorite

Post by xlorite »

/offtopic

is your avatar pic from the movie INLAND EMPIRE? 8-)
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Good spot, yep it sure is - one of my favourite films :)

(put high five for knowing to capitalise the title !)
xlorite

Post by xlorite »

haha mine too :D and I'm from Poland where it was partially filmed. seen it twice in the cinema