Polac ASIO "no hardware found or already in use"

nikmis

Polac ASIO "no hardware found or already in use"

Post by nikmis »

How do I get buzz to stop doing that? I am trying to use Polac ASIO instead of "windows waveform audio" and it just won't let me. When I click 'config' it just doesn't do anything. Thats the latest buzz build and the latest polac. I just changed audio interfaces and I guess that has something to do with it

thank you
mridlen

Re: Polac ASIO "no hardware found or already in use"

Post by mridlen »

I usually get that message when something from my web browser is tying up the audio driver. Closing the tabs that use sound usually fixes it.
ags

Post by ags »

Check that you unchecked this.

Right-click volume icon in sys-tray, right click the device and chose properties, go to the tab in image.
nikmis

Post by nikmis »

so the problem is I am using a new audio interface, alesis io2. Polac ASIO works with the maudio ozone, but I am unable to deselect it. If I connect the ozone, and try to change to a different audio interface in Polac ASIO there are no other options. Polac ASIO does work with the old interface. If I disconnect the ozone and try to open Polac ASIO it just won't let me and I get that "no hardware found or already in use" error. the new interface works with all other wave output drivers, though.

I even tried a new install of buzz but it seemed to have the same registration
nikmis

Post by nikmis »

I just did an uninstall and re-install of buzz and polac and its the same problem, its still looking for the ozone. I guess it's something not in the buzz install folder, like a registry or something? Where could I look?
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

does asio with the alesis work in other apps ? if not then you need to install the drivers again for it i guess. if nothing else works try asio4all.
nikmis

Post by nikmis »

Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

ags wrote:Check that you unchecked this.

Right-click volume icon in sys-tray, right click the device and chose properties, go to the tab in image.
Thanks for the hint, did not suppose that such (stupid?) option exists.