Build 1485? (the explosion sounds of the past)

bahador

Build 1485? (the explosion sounds of the past)

Post by bahador »

I'm not sure if I'm right but I think on build 1485 I'm beginning to experience the old days of buzz with the explosion sounds, malfunctions and unsuitability.
when I open my previous songs it gives me this explosion sound of noise (that only were produced in the old buzz) and then it fades out after 5 seconds of shocking and freighting tunes.

Also I get the same errors when opening buzz there would be a pop message that buzz has stopped working and it closes.

And if it opens, when you try to open a song it will give you some message that buzz has encountered a sharing violation on drive X.... and again it closes.

Also, this is not about the new build, When I set wasapi to Exclusive and set the samplerate on 48000, it mutes the output, you can see the faders are moving but the output will be muted.

Thanks a lot for the hard work and all of the efforts you guys have put through the new build.
Joachip

Re: Build 1485? (the explosion sounds of the past)

Post by Joachip »

Build 1486 is still rock solid here. I don't get any noise bursts at all. I still think you need to go through your plugins and kill the bad ones. I know this is tedious and boring work, but it's quite necessary.

PS: Award for most dramatic sounding forum topic!! :D
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Would like to here that album, looks very promising :)
bahador

Post by bahador »

Loooool That was awesome Joachim gotta use that one as the cover photo of my next album but it just had some real explosions in the pic, good one bro.

Btw I never thought Sverb, EQ-10 and EQ-7 could be that annoying and I'm still to find out the link to the "black listed machines" threat. I just hope the rest of the machines I'm using are not that bad. but still the question remains in my brain how could sth small mess up with the whole organization.

btw that album is going to be some explosive dubstep klang which as stated on oskari's no dubstep. so the album is going to be postponed until no dubstep changes to now you can dubstep.
double07

Post by double07 »

bahador wrote:Sverb
I use this one all the time, it's my goto native buzz reverb. I'm surprised others have problems with it!
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

Joachip wrote:

PS: Award for most dramatic sounding forum topic!! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bahador, you have got to make this album!

one more beer and i would have fallen backwards out of my chair
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

double07 wrote:
bahador wrote:Sverb
I use this one all the time, it's my goto native buzz reverb. I'm surprised others have problems with it!
May be you do not use it in connection with cheapo amp or/and bg compressor, which I did in old tracks, I replaced sverb and bg compressor, no more explosions.
Attachments
no more explosions .jpg
vinnie pine

Post by vinnie pine »

I use SVerb a lot too, with no problems. Can't remember when I last had a blast of harsh noise I didn't wan't.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

these pictures are seriously the most positive thing that could come of a fellow buzzer's problems (aside from solving them XD). bravo gentlemen! :lol:
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

vinnie pine wrote:I use SVerb a lot too, with no problems. Can't remember when I last had a blast of harsh noise I didn't wan't.
you must be lucky, because i know a lot of people got rid of it 10 years ago because it caused a lot of issues even back then...
mute

Post by mute »

UNZ wrote:
vinnie pine wrote:I use SVerb a lot too, with no problems. Can't remember when I last had a blast of harsh noise I didn't wan't.
you must be lucky, because i know a lot of people got rid of it 10 years ago because it caused a lot of issues even back then...
I use it alot also, and it does cause bursts.. its the only machine i've kept around that causes does it.. certain other (bad) machines aggravate it more than others such as EQ-7. it doesnt happen to regularly though and i like the sound of sonic verb so I just deal with it be careful. FunkyVerb also causes bursts, but it seems to be more related to a weird bug in its delay feedback and only occurs on occassion like if you use mutes on it's track and then start from a non-muted position.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Klangkulisse: :lol: Perfect reply image!

Speaking of SonicVerb, it can be controlled if you know what the bug is: One known problem is that when you load a song that contains SonicVerb, the parameters may be in the correct position on the screen, but internally they are quite different (and could be MUCH louder than expected.)

Always turn down listening volume before loading a .bmx file which may contain SVerb! And don't use buzz' volume slider. Turn down your amp/speakers. Additionally you have to automate SVerb at the beginning of the song, to make it update to the correct settings.

How to fix SonicVerb's init bug:
  • Adjust SonicVerb the way you like
  • Now create a pattern for SVerb
  • Insert this pattern at the very beginning of the song
  • Select the entire first tick (the entire line)
  • Press Ctrl-T to copy the current settings to the selection
  • Whenever you load this bmx, press play to init the reverb correctly
bahador

Post by bahador »

This is pretty hard to know what machine causes the burst issue cuz when importing them you don't get any conflict or incompatibility alert in time and you gotta wait until the next start of your session and again they don't always crash so I'm wondering if there's a certain way to learn about a machine which is causing the issue or it is only from experience that you can say this machine is full of bugs and that one is not. of course there is a feature by the name of MACHINE THREAD but I don't understand the way it works. cuz eveytime you turn it on all machines start blinking i different colors.

But anyone who was so obsessed with sverb can use Ik multimedia CSR, they rock big time.

having said that Joachim's fix will definitely do the job. Thank you so much Joachim.
mute

Post by mute »

no it's not...at least not for the most common ones. people have been discussing and documenting it for years. these are good places to start;

http://buzzwiki.robotplanet.dk/index.ph ... _blacklist
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=173
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

I haven't had problems with SVerb, and I use it as my go to reverb most of the time, although I'm branching out with HD HALYverb which is quite good for more atmospheric stuff.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

bahador wrote: explosive dubstep klang
this sounds intriguing!
esp81

Post by esp81 »

So what's currently the most stable/best sounding reverb in Buzz in your opinion? My favorite is definitely HALYverb, has anyone had problems with it?
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

I never had any problem with halyverb which I use in all my songs.
Same for Automaton EQ7 (which I dont use actually because now I have the latest bigyo's EQ).
A machine can work like a charm on a computer and not on another one. Why ? Who knows...
That's the Buzz Mystery. :twisted:
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

i always use raverb pretty basic but never gives me any issues .
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

esp81 wrote:So what's currently the most stable/best sounding reverb in Buzz in your opinion? My favorite is definitely HALYverb, has anyone had problems with it?
I'd say LarsHa FunkyVerb, but it needs a lot of "help".
And I think commercial VSTs like Lexicon, CSR (the one Bahador mentioned) and ArtsAcoustic are much much better sounding.