Exporting Tracks In MIDI.

bahador

Exporting Tracks In MIDI.

Post by bahador »

Hey guys,

I was looking at the topics about exporting midi and couldn't find a satisfying answer to that. on one of the threads one of the folks had stated that there was a way to export tracks in midi through the sequencer in the pattern editor. that sequencer is now gone (that I know of).

So briefly is there any simple way for Exporting the content of a machine in MIDI? if so, could anyone be kind to help me with it?

Thanks a lot.
UNZ

Re: Exporting Tracks In MIDI.

Post by UNZ »

its not gone, you have probably just hidden it. drag it down from the top again (in pattern view).
bahador

Post by bahador »

Thanks Antonio, the new feature and the new exporting method rocks big time. a big thanks goes to oskari.

but as usual there's sth I'm having some difficulty with. the tempo of the exported track doesn't match the tempo of my song. the tempo of the song is TMP:70 on BPM:8 but the exported midi track has a much slower tempo in compare to the original tempo of the song, is there anything I should be mindful of when exporting for midi?
thomas_n_

Post by thomas_n_ »

Hello!

I'm not sure wther this will help, but...

I remember reading similar issues about unexpected tempi when exporting a song. As far as I remember, that often stems from diverging sampling rate settings.
What I recall from those hints is that the sampling rate in Buzz itself and the one defined in your audio driver may differ from one another. Choosing the same sampling rate in both places may help.
(As I said, I can't garantee whether this really helps. :-( )
mute

Post by mute »

what does "ticks per bar" have to do with midi? the problem should be obvious.
bahador

Post by bahador »

Hi thomas thank you so much for your reply buddy. my audio driver is set to Polac Asio and the samplerate of the song is set to 48000. that's pretty much all I know about setting the driver sample rate. if there's any further setting needed for adjusting the midi samplerate, could you please be kind to let me know about that in detail.

Mute I'd most appreciative if you could be kind to share that obvious issue with us. Is there any special trick for getting it to work?

My Driver is set to: Polac Asio
The Samplerate: 48000
My soundcard: M-audio ProFire610
and all of the other settings on the Polac driver is set to its default.

Do I need to change the BPM for the purpose of midi export?