Saving that Speed setting

cbasstn

Saving that Speed setting

Post by cbasstn »

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody else is using that Speed-setting (BPM:, TPB:, Speed: ) as often as I do and would like to see it actually being saved into the BMW/BMX-files? Not sure tho if that would cause some incompatibility issues.
Imho the feature itself is amazingly inspiring to play around with and it does give a tune a lovely warm touch. I haven't found a way to record/render it too, so far I'm simply re-applying it to the mixdown Audition afterwards.

Cheers
Sebastian
Evelon

Re: Saving that Speed setting

Post by Evelon »

The "warm tone" is just pitch down, basically. Changing the sample rate playback speed (by semi-tones) does that.

Yes, I use the TPB and SPD quite often, mostly to check intricate micro-edits.
cbasstn

Post by cbasstn »

Thanks Evelon. Yes, I can imagine most users only use it to check some certain things while working on a song and less to actually use it as musical feature. I find it quite intriguing and fun to set down the whole arrangement some semitones (in a samplerate sense) with a simple click and many times I leave it like that, save it, and re-set the semitone/samplerate change in Audition after having made a mixdown - having to set it to that value every time I reload the song-file at the moment.

Seems like there's no actual need for it to be saved to the song file or regarded during the mixdown process at the moment so I think I'll just stick with my procedures I guess. ;)
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

unz had a good explanation of the reason for the speed setting in a post a while back:
UNZ wrote: The original purpose for SPEED afaik was to slow down stuff for recording notes with your midi keyboard easier (for people who are not very good at playing live).
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1292#p4853

he also mentions the reasons you can't automate it in the full post.

you can add a master machine pattern to change the TPB if you want, but as mentioned above, it doesn't change the pitch. looks like you'll probably have to come up with a workaround for now. :geek:

I agree with you though, it is a cool feature to play around with. :D
cbasstn

Post by cbasstn »

Ah cool so I'm not the first one who had the urge to save/record that setting. :D Thanks for the link szaszhareen!