mastering a non-buzz track in buzz

szaszhareen

mastering a non-buzz track in buzz

Post by szaszhareen »

I really like the mastering effects and tools we have in buzz, and I'd like to use them on tracks I've recorded with other gear. the audio interface i have right now can only record one stereo channel, so I can't easily record all of the parts separately (everything is playing on or through a single groovebox) and piece them together again in buzz. I'm trying to figure out how to play an entire song in wav format in buzz, while retaining the ability to listen to short loops of it while I make edits on the effects i'm sending it through.

let's say I need to listen to a loop of a short part of the middle of the track. since the wav was triggered way back at the beginning of the pattern, is there a way to trigger it again, but from a specific point in the sample? this kind of thing is relatively easy with utrk and short drumloops, but my mind reels at trying to do it with a 5 minute long sample. is there a somewhat simple way to do that?

additionally, it would be great to hear some tips about what to do when you do have separate tracks, and you use buzz to master those. I'm looking more for buzz-specific organizational/workflow ideas than specific tips on, for example, when and where to put the kick through a low shelf and add reverb (i'm already studying that type of stuff elsewhere).

thanks! :)
syphilissauna

Re: mastering a non-buzz track in buzz

Post by syphilissauna »

well there is a few wav. players native to buzz . I used to use Rdev Continuous Wave Reader for longer tracks (but havent used it in a few years) .. if memory serves you specify a offset (just like in utrk) also tho as long as you know how long the wav is in ticks you could still start it at the beginning with everything else and then automate volume when you want it to come in .. usually when I try and do anything like this I try and make it work with shorter loops because the timing is easier to work with tho ive also pulled it off with longer samples etc . As far as the setup i usually do it exactly like i would with hardware : various tracks of groove box bounced down into own mixer channel etc with in buzz ... hope this helps -
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

See my post about BTDsys Audio Track

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1566

The caveat being you might have to use only 4 or 8 TPB
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

thanks for the ideas, I'll check these out. :)