very strange issue . opened song to no sequence

syphilissauna

very strange issue . opened song to no sequence

Post by syphilissauna »

hoping some of youse have also had this issue .
basically my laptop was having some major issues so i backed up everything to an external hard drive so that i could wipe and reinstall windows ..which went ok and seems to have solved the issue i was having however now when i open up some Buzz tracks (multiple ones using different machines from different times and tried on different builds etc ) i find that all of the machines are no longer connected and also that all of my patterns and sequence are completely blank . I checked the .backup files and its the same deal .. what could be causing this ? I suspect something went awry in the transfer to external hard drive but am curious if perhaps there is some glitch ive just never come across that maybe someone else has had . any advice would be very much appreciated .. blows because i have several shows coming up here and a new album to promote so yeah kinda dumb if I cant play all the tracks off the album -
4516N41

Re: very strange issue . opened song to no sequence

Post by 4516N41 »

Never happened with a song I made myself but this has happened a few times with songs that other people made and I got on Buzztunes. Though I'm pretty sure that those people had no problems when they opened their songs.

So yeah I've had this issue but why? I have no idea... :?
4516N41

Post by 4516N41 »

I for an example had this problem when I loaded up this song that there was nothing connected to the master, a blank sequencer and no patterns. But apparently nobody else did.

http://www.buzztunes.org/music/redobbi/rancetbmx
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

Have you checked the debug console? It sometimes gives more info about the problem there.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Try to drag'n'drop the bmx on the paramfix.exe. Not sure it will work tho...

http://www.buzzmachines.com/utils/paramfix.zip

it's an old utility made to repair broken songs. Make a copy of your bmx before fixing it.
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

This happens when you are missing machines or a machine is misplaced (eg. in the effects when it should be in the generators). Look at the debug console as suggested or the status bar may have a message about a misplaced machine.
4516N41

Post by 4516N41 »

synthphase wrote:This happens when you are missing machines or a machine is misplaced (eg. in the effects when it should be in the generators). Look at the debug console as suggested or the status bar may have a message about a misplaced machine.
In my case it was Cheapo statistics that was both in generators and effects folder. Thanks 8-)
syphilissauna

Post by syphilissauna »

ill def have to check this out when I get home . its weird because its happening on several different tracks .. .