Changed directories for VST's, getting errors.

wauterboi

Changed directories for VST's, getting errors.

Post by wauterboi »

Before today, I had been working in the same mess of folders and files since 2006. That was back when I was in 6th or 7th grade, and at the time I didn't have a good focus on being organized. I hadn't taken the time to organize anything because I felt that doing so would result in lots of errors and time-wasting to get stuff done.

Well, today I went ahead and organized everything into sensible folders and it's absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately, this results in just what I predicted: errors.

My old folder structure was "E:/Buzz/VST", and now it's "E:/Audio Software/VST". All of the VST's I have are scanned and working with Polac VST, but when I go to load a song it expects the previous directory set-up. I tried tricking it with symlinks and that didn't do any good either.

What's weird is it only does it to very specific VST's, most notably GlissEQ. It doesn't affect Massive or most of the other VST's which load perfectly fine - it just decides to call it quits when it encounters GlissEQ.

Outside of these errors, it's done a pretty okay job at adjusting - a bit more so than what I've expected. If I can get past this roadblock, I'll be happy. (at least until it's time to manually specify Soundfont locations with Jeskola XS-1. *shudder*)
mcbpete

Re: Changed directories for VST's, getting errors.

Post by mcbpete »

Were you always using the Polac loaders, when I switched VST folders when I got a new machine (before I used C:\music\buzz\vst but as I used multiple DAWs it made sense to bung in C:\Program Files\Vst) I too had these issues but only with my really old files when I used the RnZnAnFnCnRnL VST/i loader.
vacuum

Post by vacuum »

Maybe it has something to do with plugins that are not installed with administrator rights and/or that it sees itself as unregistered oslt.

Also, ..sometimes 64 bit stuff don't go together with 32 bit stuff.
wauterboi

Post by wauterboi »

vacuum wrote:Maybe it has something to do with plugins that are not installed with administrator rights and/or that it sees itself as unregistered oslt.

Also, ..sometimes 64 bit stuff don't go together with 32 bit stuff.
My installation of GlissEQ isn't 64-bit. What does "oslt" mean? I Googled for a definition and couldn't find any answers.
mcbpete wrote:Were you always using the Polac loaders, when I switched VST folders when I got a new machine (before I used C:\music\buzz\vst but as I used multiple DAWs it made sense to bung in C:\Program Files\Vst) I too had these issues but only with my really old files when I used the RnZnAnFnCnRnL VST/i loader.
I have always used Polac VST and have never had the RnZnAnFnCnRnL loaders.
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

oslt : Or Something Like That
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

mcbpete wrote:...when I used the RnZnAnFnCnRnL VST/i loader.
:lol: so glad I don't have to remember how to spell that one anymore