Hello Buzz forum-

Steve_in_the_studio

Hello Buzz forum-

Post by Steve_in_the_studio »

Hi, I'm Steve.
I'm working on a project for a media arts class that will involve some audio. I used to mess around with Buzz a little but it's been a long time. And I never used it for what this project needs. I don't know what machines to use to get this up and running.
We are doing a projection/video mixing presentation.
The audio setup will consist of a microphone and a MIDI trigger pad. I have a Line6 Tone Port UX1 for the mic input and an M-Audio Trigger Finger for the MIDI controller.
How can I get the mic input into Buzz? And which sampler (preferred) or drum machine can I control with the touch-pad controls so it feels kind of like playing a drum?

thanks for any input, it's appreciated!
esp81

Re: Hello Buzz forum-

Post by esp81 »

"sample grid" and "polac audio/asio in" should do the trick!
n3wjack

Post by n3wjack »

Some of the *trigger machines might also work.
PeerTrigger for example if you can hook up the audio. I haven't used these myself too much but IIRC they use audio levels to trigger other machines or samples.
Steve_in_the_studio

Post by Steve_in_the_studio »

Thanks for the help so far.
I got the mic running with the Polac ASIO input and it seems to works fine.
The samplegrid is working with my controller, but the sounds are coming out as static. The samples sound fine in the wav table.
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

Maybe they're 24-bit samples and samplegrid only supports 16-bit files (most older Buzz machines are limited to 16-bit audio)

I'm guessing though.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

Joachip wrote:Maybe they're 24-bit samples and samplegrid only supports 16-bit files (most older Buzz machines are limited to 16-bit audio)

I'm guessing though.

that sounds about right, i had this issue with sgrid in the past. try converting one of them to 16 bit and see if it works. :)