Best way to automate volume in machines?

AndersBrontosaurus

Best way to automate volume in machines?

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

I'm finally learning to understand the fantastic PeerLFO!

Now I'm looking for a way to automate the volume in certain machines but there's no parameter to control the "arrows" between machines. Realized that I needed a machine to put in that does nothing with the sound more than just passing it on. Is this when you use cheapo do-nothing? However I can't get that machine to work. right now I'm trying with different fadings up and down in various patterns but that doesn't give me the automation that I want to learn.

Hints, anyone?
szaszhareen

Re: Best way to automate volume in machines?

Post by szaszhareen »

cheapo machines seem to cause problems in the new builds, try using mt nada or jeskola gain. :)

cyanphase jedshivameter is also a good "do-nothing" machine because it has the added bonus of a vu-meter.

you can also use antonio's mixio for this, but it seems to take up a little more cpu because of it's awesome fancy gui.

all three are worth trying, sometimes i run into bugs with one or the other so it's good to get to know them and have them around.
AndersBrontosaurus

Great!
Thanks!
AndersBrontosaurus

So, i'm at work right now and can't spend to much time on music. Managed to get it working with jeskola gain by assigning lfoparameter to gain. MixIO is apparently not among my gears and mt nada i did not understand. Is there no way to control volumeparameters? Maybe peerctrl? It does not work on my computer so have no tried that. Have also seen that you can assign sliders to midicontrollers and i assume there are a virtual controller somewhere in buzz but I haven't used midi yet so i don't rreally know how it works.
flat

Post by flat »

Mt nada is just like cheapo do-nothing, but troubleless with new buzz.
For simple gain stuff i would use kibibu simple gain or stereo gain.
About mixIO, you should really give it a try...
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

I still use Cheapo Amp for those type of things. I have been using it without any issues for many years, even on new Buzz builds.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

AndersBrontosaurus wrote:So, i'm at work right now and can't spend to much time on music. Managed to get it working with jeskola gain by assigning lfoparameter to gain. MixIO is apparently not among my gears and mt nada i did not understand. Is there no way to control volumeparameters? Maybe peerctrl? It does not work on my computer so have no tried that. Have also seen that you can assign sliders to midicontrollers and i assume there are a virtual controller somewhere in buzz but I haven't used midi yet so i don't rreally know how it works.
buzz at work, awesome :)

with mt nada, the first param (A) is gain, the second (B) is balance (left/right stereo position). you can ignore the dummy slider.

here's the latest version of mixio.

you can control volume params with peerctrl, just like you'd control a param with peerlfo.

but, you can't control volume params for a machine unless it has a volume parameter. the master machine has one for each machine connected to it.. you could bypass the whole do-nothing thing by assigning the peerlfo to the level/volume parameter on the master machine. this isn't necessarily the best way to do things though, although you may find that it works for you.

so to sum it up, if you double click on your machine, and you don't see a gain/volume slider (most machines don't have one because it's kind of expected that you'll be using an effect or mixer to control volume), you have to send it through a machine that has a volume slider like the ones mentioned above, and automate the volume param on that.

you can assign params to midi controllers but there is not a virtual midi plugin in buzz (not exactly anyway), but for what you're trying to do you don't really need that.
ohmegah7

Post by ohmegah7 »

speaking of kibibu simple gain, it is not in the stereo tools .rar. can anyone upload it here? been wanting that for some time.
flat

Post by flat »

ohmegah7

Post by ohmegah7 »

Thank you, sir.