Piano roll with vst instuments?

esp81

Piano roll with vst instuments?

Post by esp81 »

Are there any plans to make the piano roll work with vst synths properly? I can switch back and forth between piano roll and pattern xp with buzz synths, but this isn't working properly with vst plugins.
I'd like to be able to input the notes using piano roll, then switch back to pattern xp to add pattern commands. Right now it often freezes when doing this with vst plugins, and the piano roll notes don't get carried over to pattern xp. I'm thinking the freezing has something to do with it creating 128 tracks when switching back to pattern xp?
polac

Re: Piano roll with vst instuments?

Post by polac »

and the piano roll notes don't get carried over to pattern xp
As it seems the notes only get converted to pattern xp if you add MIDI Note/Velocity columns to the pattern. QSamo/QSine have them by default enabled therefore it works here instantly.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

Wow you're absolutely correct, I just tried that and it worked! Is there any way to keep it from creating all the extra columns though when switching back to pattern xp from piano roll? With Qsamo it creates 32 note columns but with my vst synths it's creating 128 note columns.

edit: I just realized the track commands don't seem to work when using midi notes, and in certain cases note-offs don't get transferred over when switching back to pattern xp. :(
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

can we input notes with piano roll? the only way i've been able to get notes into piano roll is by placing them in patternxp first, then switching to piano roll editor.
esp81

Post by esp81 »

szaszhareen wrote:can we input notes with piano roll? the only way i've been able to get notes into piano roll is by placing them in patternxp first, then switching to piano roll editor.
Yes, you can input notes from piano roll using the pc keyboard by holding the note keys and pushing downward directional arrow key.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

thanks! :)