whats next for buzz?

KNAR

whats next for buzz?

Post by KNAR »

its been a while since an update. i still use buzz on a daily basis and will continue to if there are further advancements or not. but, whats in the works? im certain that there are some folks here that have a good idea what there is to look forward to.
Evelon

Re: whats next for buzz?

Post by Evelon »

I don't have the answers.
The hope has almost run out for me, so I take it as it is - a gem that will always be "beta". A tropical island with beautiful empty beaches.
These days I'm working more in other DAWs but for the sheer sound design/manipulation/modulation possibilities, it's hard to beat Buzz.
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Eternal waiting and sometimes a glimmer of hope. Buzz works fine as is so i am not holding my breath
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

I used Buzz for approximately 10 years with no updates other than the Cyanphase Overloader.
KNAR

Post by KNAR »

it would be neat if the final version of buzz was also available as a vst plugin for die hard buzz fans to use with software in the future. i understand there are a lot of ways people have figured out to run buzz alongside other programs but something as strait forward as Revisit http://revisit.info/ would be very valuable to people who don't want to give up the features in buzz we rely on. my understanding of programming is very limited and I have no idea how possible that is. i also have no idea if buzz is once again reaching another long term or permanent hiatus in development or if some ground breaking update will be posted an hour from now. that's always been one of the exciting parts of using it.
flat

Post by flat »

esp81

Post by esp81 »

In my opinion the only things that really need finished are the piano roll, new ctrl+q pattern editor, and the wavetable sample editor/envelopes, besides that I think Buzz is complete.