Patterns over 68 ("`"symbol) in the sequence editor (1493)

(Ok)

Patterns over 68 ("`"symbol) in the sequence editor (1493)

Post by (Ok) »

Hello,

Sorry, the answer is probably flashing under my noise somewhere in the documentation or in the forum, but I could not find where so far :

I noticed that I can't add patterns in the sequence editor tracks other than those called with one character on the keyboard.
This leaves me a maximum of 68 different patterns per machine track. I am probably missing something obvious but I can not find a way to insert patterns after the " ` " symbol. When I create new patterns from there, the next one is called "a" as well but obviously, if I press "a", the first pattern associated with the "a" keystroke will be added rather than newer ones.

Could you explain, if possible, how I can select the newer ones instead ?

Thanks !
K
esp81

Re: Patterns over 68 ("`"symbol) in the sequence editor (149

Post by esp81 »

Good question, I just tried and couldn't figure it out either. I don't think I've ever used more than 50 patterns per generator.
(Ok)

Post by (Ok) »

Hi esp81,

Thanks for the reply.
Although it is not very limiting to duplicate generators in such cases, it would be a pity to do so (increase the graph for nothing) since the array appear to let store more patterns.
Besides, naming patterns makes the song a lot cleaner to organize / work with (ex: "intro" instead of "0") inside the sequencer view.

Maybe another way to select them is on the TODO list (ideally, a "Select pattern" drop-down inside the right-click contextual menu next "Add track" would be cool).

I also like using long patterns and neither writing an opera, but one using small ones (eg. 16 length) may run out of patterns at some point for the same generator.

It is definitely not a problem if it is not possible at this time, but knowing it will satisfy my curiosity. Understanding / knowing the tracker's limitation always helps when thinking about the song management.
Last edited by (Ok) on Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xenobioz

Post by xenobioz »

First select the pattern (at the right where you see all the patterns) then press apostrophe (') to add a it. The pattern will be inserted to the place you have selected in the sequencer view. :D
(Ok)

Post by (Ok) »

Hi Xenobioz,

Super thanks for the tip !

Buzz Rocks ! :dance:
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Hi Xenobioz, thanks for the good tip, but it does not work for me. I have to create the apostrophe with the shift key (german keyboard layout), may be thats why it does not work?

Did I get it right:

1. Select the place in the sequence editor, where i want to insert the pattern
2. Select the pattern at the right side of sequence editor
3. Press key apostroph

and then it is done?
polac

Post by polac »

Klangkulisse wrote:Hi Xenobioz, thanks for the good tip, but it does not work for me. I have to create the apostrophe with the shift key (german keyboard layout), may be thats why it does not work?

Did I get it right:

1. Select the place in the sequence editor, where i want to insert the pattern
2. Select the pattern at the right side of sequence editor
3. Press key apostroph

and then it is done?
Works here with german keyboard layout. It's not required to have an apostrophe here just press the hash key(#).