Old versions of Utrk and other small questions

fetus ink

Old versions of Utrk and other small questions

Post by fetus ink »

Its been quite a while since I've dabbled in Buzz, and so far everything seems to be up and running smoothly on my new setup. I decided to go through some older songs and am noticing machines missing where it would seem I already have them downloaded. Right now the one causing issues is Unwieldy Tracker. I'm assuming I just have a different version installed, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for buried anywhere online. For instance, I have one song where I evidently tried out some different versions of Utrk, and it only loads two of the four instances. The GUI still shows in the ones that say "missing", but I get no sound. Where might I go about finding them? I'm basically really lazy and don't want to move all of the data from multiple songs into the new version of the machine. I'm talking about 3 to 4 years worth of music files at least. If there was a simple replacement feature to swap with my newer version (that didn't clear the pattern data) that would be a different story, but I understand that would be difficult to handle.

Also, through my opening of old songs, I've come across a few where the patterns are gone. The wavetable files are gone. Everything is absolutely gone. I know I wasn't that careless to save over that many files with nothing there. I've hit maybe 5 already, and one actually happened after I simply added a new effect to my library to load that song. Basically, the song loaded and said it was missing a machine, so I found a copy I had on a hard drive, tossed it into the effects folder, closed buzz (never saved nor made any changes for that matter), reopened buzz and attempted to load the song, but now although the machines all appear, the rest of the note data, patterns, etc, are all completely wiped clean. I got to hear it before I added the effect into my library, so I know it was "fine" aside from the missing machine, but I don't know what could spark these spontaneous losses I seem to have in some of my files, and I am desperately hoping that this is something that can be reverted. Any ideas would be awesome!

Glad to see many of you are still buzzing away, by the way!
ags

Re: Old versions of Utrk and other small questions

Post by ags »

You might need the one with Sane Person Columns (the one where you can tab to note columns?)
fetus ink

Re: Old versions of Utrk and other small questions

Post by fetus ink »

:lol: Sorry, I really have no clue what version you're speaking of here. Understand that its been quite some time since I've last used buzz and I may be behind on a few things. I basically just need an archive of all of the old versions of Unwieldy Tracker. That way I can just download them all and toss them in my folder. I won't use the old ones for new songs, but I can't load my old songs without them.