handy waw player/looper

hundredcaws

handy waw player/looper

Post by hundredcaws »

what is the most handy, tiny wav player able to shift and drag looping area realtime really fast and fluent. i mean vst working with polac. that one (picture) is standalone not vst able to move left right and contract/expand when up-down.
Attachments
wav.JPG
wav.JPG (8.66 KiB) Viewed 5710 times
magmavander

Re: handy waw player/looper

Post by magmavander »

ohm liveslice ? A fantastic buzz gen :dance:

http://www.buzzmachines.com/machineinfo.php?id=914
Attachments
LiveSlice1.5.GIF
hundredcaws

Post by hundredcaws »

yeh, i know liveslice. great indeed. but it divides always 4 8 16... what i need is to drive loop area freehand with mouse. maybe some scratch-deck tool ?
hundredcaws

Post by hundredcaws »

well this seems uneasy. did some 30 min googling with no effect. that is so simple to play wav. holding the loop area in your hand to feel the rhythm. you could got it alive that way.

it seems to be similar concept to scratchng vinyl. do you now some good vst scratching tool? i found 2 so far. but none is able to change start/end of the loop the way i want, rather they give you the speed control. screens below. nice tools.but i need another one.
Attachments
dyscratch.JPG
scratchit.JPG
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

shortcircuit / shortcircuit 2 might be something to look at. Could be overkill, tho ... (ah, yes, you did say 'tiny', so probably not going to work for you, but I'll leave this here anyway on the chance that somebody isn't aware of these terrific, free tools)

Edited to add that Kerrstinn is an interesting supplement to liveslice
thOke

Post by thOke »

What about BTDSys Stutter?

You can't see anything (no UI), but you can shift in realtime really fast.... ;)
hundredcaws

Post by hundredcaws »

btdsys stutter? yeh. just tried it. looks great. fast as hell. uses 0cpu. great. but.. when changing loop start nothing happens till next trigger in the pattern. so... probably not intended for live performance. is there some workaround?
Attachments
btdsys-stutter.JPG
hundredcaws

Post by hundredcaws »

@snowglobe: shortcircuit... got it .. dontno.. what is the key to play the sample actually?
thOke

Post by thOke »

hundredcaws wrote:btdsys stutter? yeh. just tried it. looks great. fast as hell. uses 0cpu. great. but.. when changing loop start nothing happens till next trigger in the pattern. so... probably not intended for live performance. is there some workaround?
Assign all stutter parameters to PeerState and save different states as snapshots. Each snapshot can now be triggered from a different midi key!
You have to trigger it once on start though. Probably there is also a workaround for this, but i can't think of one atm.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

hundredcaws wrote:@snowglobe: shortcircuit... got it .. dontno.. what is the key to play the sample actually?
If I understand your question
hundredcaws

Post by hundredcaws »

midi keyboard necessary ?
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

hundredcaws wrote:midi keyboard necessary ?
nah, you can track it, or do Settings > Parameter Window > KeyboardMIDI = true
hundredcaws

Post by hundredcaws »

anyway. that tool is for another purpose... i need some scratch tool i think. anybody knows some good scratch DJ tools ?