How to setup wwerty-keyboard as MIDI?

AndersBrontosaurus

How to setup wwerty-keyboard as MIDI?

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

I'm still trying to get my head around MIDI. Guess it would help if I had real MIDI-gear to try with but I don't. Right now I want to set up my qwerty-keyboard as a MIDIcontroller but doesn't really grasp how to do it. Any suggestions?

This thread is by the way a step to my dream of using multiple qwertys as discussed here. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1997&hilit=qwerty
boombaxx

Re: How to setup wwerty-keyboard as MIDI?

Post by boombaxx »

As far i know u can only use the qwerty for playing notes. I would just buy a korg nano controller for 30 quid easiest way. Look on ebay. I would also read polacs help files about midi on his page very useful to understand the ins and outs
elekt

Post by elekt »

There's Bome's Midi Translator, I'm not sure if there's anything better. Or free.
AndersBrontosaurus

Thanks for replies. I was kinda hoping to be able to use FreePiano or Virtual Midi Piano Keyboard but I haven't been successful yet. :-/

@snowglobe: what's that cyan keyboardsoftware you use in your scalewalkertutorials?
AndersBrontosaurus

Re: How to setup Qwerty-keyboard as MIDI?

Breakthrough! Made it with FreePiano finally. Juat played around withit a short while. Seems like a very useful program. You can set it to control Velocity with numpad buttons for instance (something I've wondered if I could ask Snowglobe for in scalewalker) so 9= 127, 8=117...etc. :-)

Also, it seems like it's easy to change midichannel.
AndersBrontosaurus

Made a short video to illustrate freepiano.However I failed to get the mic working....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-puPP9WNTuk