IX PatchBay III (Updated 9th October 2020)

IXix

Re: IX PatchBay III (Updated 26th September 2020)

Post by IXix »

Update bump. Thanks to Candle for pointing out that the outputs were messed up after reloading a song.

Simple enough fix but I spent hours fighting with VS2019 to get everything building nicely. :lol:
thOke

Post by thOke »

Thanks, the original loads fine, but the additional files created with the MakeConfig.bat are crashing BUZZ here. :?: :!:

Edit: Only when i try to load them into a blank bmx. If i open them within Candle's bmx they are loading fine :!: :?: :?:
IXix

Post by IXix »

thOke wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:30 pm Thanks, the original loads fine, but the additional files created with the MakeConfig.bat are crashing BUZZ here. :?: :!:

Edit: Only when i try to load them into a blank bmx. If i open them within Candle's bmx they are loading fine :!: :?: :?:
That's odd. x86 or x64?

edit: Nevermind, it's happening here too. Instacrash. :roll:
Candle

Post by Candle »

I guess I'll wait on downloading the update then :)

Thanks for looking into this, IX.

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Post by IXix »

Okay, I think everything is working properly now. New links in the first post. Please test and let me know if I've broken anything else. :roll:
IXix

Re: IX PatchBay III (Updated (again) 26th September 2020)

Post by IXix »

Special treat bump!

Having to rename all your patchbays after an update is a bit of a pain, even with the batch file, so I've put together a little exe to make it easy.

Put it in the Effects folder. You can run it from the command line like the old batch file if you want but if you just double-click it, it will ask you for a list of configurations or if you don't like typing, it will scan for any existing instances of Patchbay 3.0 and update them with the new dll (which you have previously copied to the Effects folder obviously)

You'll have to grant permission to write the files since it's in Program Files. I promise I'm not trying to kill your computer.

Links at the top of the first post.
thOke

Post by thOke »

All working properly now as far as i can tell.
Thanks for your continous efforts :!: :!: :!:
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Special treat bump!
Or >> Special beat trump :roll: :D
IXix

Post by IXix »

magmavander wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:50 pmSpecial beat trump :roll: :D
:lol:

Has anyone tried the config tool yet? Does it actually work? :?:
rav

Post by rav »

Yeah, just tried it. Scanning and creating new ones works perfectly ;)
Thanks!

Edit:
I have been playing with PatchBay a little bit longer and I think that fade time = 0 breaks possibility of patches changing.
BTW adjust fade time is great feature!
IXix

Post by IXix »

rav wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:24 pmYeah, just tried it. Scanning and creating new ones works perfectly ;)
Great. I'm never sure if these things I make will work on other people's computers. :lol:
rav wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:24 pmfade time = 0 breaks possibility of patches changing
Good catch! I'll fix that soon.
River Cricket

Post by River Cricket »

I don't know why it's taken me as long as it has to start using Patchbay, but what an amazing tool! It makes a lot of the convoluted cheapo amp setups I was using on earlier projects totally obsolete.

I do, however, get the following error when right-clicking an Output machine in the Connections tab:

This occurs both on the Inputs and the Outputs radio-button options.
IXix

Post by IXix »

River Cricket wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:58 pmI do, however, get the following error when right-clicking an Output machine in the Connections tab...
Ah, so you do! I'll try to get another build out over the weekend. :oops:
IXix

Re: IX PatchBay III (Updated 9th October 2020)

Post by IXix »

Bugfix bump.
IXix wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:32 pm 2020.10.09
+ Fixed zero fade time preventing connection changes
+ Fixed error when right-clicking output machine in connections tab
+ Fixed x64 config tool not finding files
+ Added configuration tool to package
+ Removed makeconfigs.bat from package
+ Updated documentation to include config tool
IX PatchBay 3.02 (x86)
IX PatchBay 3.02 (x64)
thepedal

Post by thepedal »

Old thread but I'll try my luck. I have a tune with a Patchbay3 8x8 in the middle of it. It has configs controlled from a BTDsys Peerstate. When I try and load it on my laptop instead of the machine i normally use, which should have all the same machines etc installed it brings up an error window with 'Couldn't find machine' "Patch 8x8" in it. Then click that away and the Patchbay machine is there fine, with its multi-in/outs all connected as they should be. Only thing is that the Peerstate is no longer pointed at it and all the 36 odd states I've saved are not there. Strange and not a complete blocker but I'd love to nail this. Any hints appreciated except use IX snapshot :) I just haven't got my head around it in the same way as Peerstate yet.
IXix

Post by IXix »

thepedal wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:03 pmOnly thing is that the Peerstate is no longer pointed at it and all the 36 odd states I've saved are not there.
That message is fired when PeerState tries to restore its saved associations and it can't find the machine. If you're sure the 8x8 machine is present in the effects folder then it must be a PeerState issue.

I did do a PeerState update way back in 2011. It's a bit of a shot in the dark but maybe try that and see if it fixes the issue... https://sourceforge.net/projects/btdsys ... PeerState/
thepedal

Post by thepedal »

Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah I figured it was most likely coming from the Peerstate itself rather than Buzz generally. I'll give your Peerstate build a shot in a while, if it works then fantastic.