problems with switch to x64

ohmegah7

problems with switch to x64

Post by ohmegah7 »

So I finally got annoyed enough with x86 ram limitations to switch to x64, but im having a couple of issues with it.

1. My main synth, Cheese of the Week, crashes buzz. i use this for every synth sound in every track i make and i cant live without it.

2. i can't for the life of me get the vst scan to actually scan. ive got both iterations of scan.exe and vst.exe in both my buzzx64 folder and bin folder and all my files in their proper places as far as i can tell.

any help?
boombaxx

Re: problems with switch to x64

Post by boombaxx »

Load up pvst and right click on pvst scroll to prefs global 2 rescan
ohmegah7

Post by ohmegah7 »

i know. it doesnt do anything when i try to scan
Tiadiad

Post by Tiadiad »

It could just be a u-he thing. I run x64 without problems, but some u-he stuff gave me grief in the past.
ohmegah7

Post by ohmegah7 »

bump

anyone using x64 have cheese of the week working?

i got my vst scan to work, but still getting the apphangb1 on initializing COTW
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Do you have any antivirus software running? I recently returned to Buzz (I've mainly now migrated to Ableton) and noticed my VST/i machine list since I last ran Buzz a year or so ago didn't seem to be updating - Turns out my antivirus software was blocking both scan.exe and vst.exe, after whitelisting all seemed fine again.

EDIT: Oops sorry, seen you've solved the VST problem !
ohmegah7

Post by ohmegah7 »

switched to ableton aye? how was that transition?
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

If you switch to ableton you're not cool anymore.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

ohmegah7 wrote:switched to ableton aye? how was that transition?
Took about 12-18 months before I was anywhere near as comfortable with doing stuff as I was in Buzz - Still prefer drum & bassline programming in trackers but there's lots of Max for Live step sequencers to help me out with my needs with that sort of thing

Been tracking since mid '90s so it was quite the change, but in about 2012/2013 I felt my music compositions were suffering/become stale from being quite so comfortable/methodical in my workflow, so wanted such a change !
Tiadiad

Post by Tiadiad »

Ableton is great, especially the track delay controls. Gotta give it to them, when they say Live, they mean it. There is no delay compensation, but you can do it by hand in samples, jeez!!! I lose hours turning the little suckers, so my recent Ableton stuff sounds like a monkey tracked it.
Still can't beat the effect routing capability in Buzz, nothing better to make insanely complex chains. I tried similar stuff in Pro Tools and it gave me the middle finger. It's all about the mood you're in I'd say, whatever is at hand. I use Buzz to destroy audio, then I piece it together in Live, good way to go I find.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Tiadiad wrote:There is no delay compensation, but you can do it by hand in samples, jeez!!!
Luckily there is since v9.2 - https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article/latency-faqs/
Tiadiad

Post by Tiadiad »

Aah, I'm still on 8. Before you know it they'll be doing surround.
ohmegah7

Post by ohmegah7 »

bump. still no cheese of the week