Peerctrl parameter value, what is sustain?

AndersBrontosaurus

Peerctrl parameter value, what is sustain?

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

What does the sustain-button do?
zephiris

Re: Peerctrl parameter value, what is sustain?

Post by zephiris »

I was wondering what you mean and went to check...

I can absolutely not find anything "sustain" with peerctrl...
where do you see that?
are you sure you meant peerctrl?

have a screenshot?

*edit*
i thought, "oh, maybe a pxp feature", but not even there.

is it possible that you meant the "slaved" parameter?

if "slaved" is what you mean:
it slaves the corresponding parameter to the one above. when having several tracks in peerctrl machine, when using it with midi, you can set a button on your midi controller to do the slaving. this means, you can then use one knob/slider/controller input to control several slaved peerctrl values. it is very useful in certain circumstances.
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

Hi.
Thanks for your effort to help and understand my question.

First, apologies for how I put the question. It is ridiculously inunderstandable. I must have been tired. I will try to formulate it in a more comprehensive way. Unfortunately I'm not by my computer so I can't post a screenshot.

So, my question is:
In peerctrl there is a window called parameter value. If I rightclick on a dot on the graph I get a couple of options. One of them is "sustain". I haven't figured out what it does.
tinga

Post by tinga »

AndersBrontosaurus wrote:In peerctrl there is a window called parameter value. If I rightclick on a dot on the graph I get a couple of options. One of them is "sustain". I haven't figured out what it does.
:o Very strange, I seen this sustain since a long time, but I forgot it, I never click on it, the funniest thing is that I looked for it after reading your topic, and I didn't find any sustain, and this morning, yes I see it , every time I use PeerCtrl, I edit a point, and every time I see it, but I never think about it, so thanks to point it, I will try it very soon, I have no idea about how this sustain works. :?
mik82

Post by mik82 »

Isn't this because PeerCtrl uses Stygmate's envelope.ocx, originally used in the wavetable. The sustain would have been used for a sustain level on samples.