BTDsys PeerScream

mik82

BTDsys PeerScream

Post by mik82 »

Only just came across this machine, as I'd been looking at how automation is implemented in FLStudio, wondering if anything similar was available in Buzz.
Not really the same, but incredibly useful, and by some kind of magic you can see the automation in the sequence editor
Set the subtick resolution to 8, zoom right out, and you can get some reasonably smooth curves by holding shift + L mouse button. Really only practical for shorter patterns though.

Did get me thinking about how something similar to this, with greater subtick resolution and drawable/editable click/drag lines/curves, visible in the sequence editor, would be amazing. Integrated into pattern XP perhaps, even better!
magmavander

Re: BTDsys PeerScream

Post by magmavander »

You can use Ctrl G in PXP mod to draw curves. And use subtick to 16.
Select (click on the first dot) the track parameter you want to control, enter ctrl G and use ctrl + left mouse click to draw.
Here in the picture I made some curve for the Infector's cutoff.
Attachments
Buzz curve.jpg
Buzz curve.jpg (257.69 KiB) Viewed 3257 times
mik82

Post by mik82 »

Thanks. I was aware of the Ctrl-G mode, which is already very useful.
PeerScream has a few advantages
-shift + left mouse button will draw a Bezier curve
-the automation curve is visible in the sequence editor
-setting the subtick to 16 in PXP or PXP mod creates a massively long pattern. On PeerScream you can zoom out (The second image shows a 32 tick pattern, subtick resolution of 16, with 3 smooth curves)

PeerScream is great, but it's only really practical to draw curves for short-ish patterns. Any longer then I'd either Ctrl-I or use a MIDI controller to enter the data.

My thoughts were regarding having free drawing of editable multi-point lines/splines etc, on a high subtick resolution. Suitable for both rapid, high resolution movements and long fades/sweeps. It'd probably need some kind of zoom functionality within the pattern editor.
Attachments
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (3.33 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (49.89 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
AndersBrontosaurus

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

Are we getting close to this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=222&hilit=Automation&start=20#p1527
mik82

Post by mik82 »

Yes, I think there's similar things discussed on that
The mock-up from Joachip is an interesting idea
My thoughts were more related to the pattern editor, but editing from within the sequence view is a good concept, unsure how possible that would be.