How to load my ancient Buzz songs in the new Buzz

Buzztard

How to load my ancient Buzz songs in the new Buzz

Post by Buzztard »

Hi again people,

OK so I resurrected my old hard drive from my computer that I was using 2003-2009, and on it all the Buzz Songs that I had created. However when I try to load these songs in the latest version of Buzz, 98% of the machines have a red "missing" sign on them and the songs are not playing.

How do I fix this?

Surely I don't need to revert to the 2003 version of Buzz which I created them on?

Thanks in advance!
UNZ

Re: How to load my ancient Buzz songs in the new Buzz

Post by UNZ »

you can get the missing machines from here:

http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/

i got almost all of my old tracks to open in new buzz, so just fiddle with it and ask more specific questions when you dont get a particular machine to work, we can most likely get it to work.
Buzztard

Post by Buzztard »

UNZ wrote:you can get the missing machines from here:

http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/

i got almost all of my old tracks to open in new buzz, so just fiddle with it and ask more specific questions when you dont get a particular machine to work, we can most likely get it to work.
OK so many of the machines which are claiming to be "missing" are actually in my list of generators. Does this mean that each generator has an old version of itself that I must download individual from your link?

Should I just download all of these in the link and mix them in with the machines already in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Jeskola\Buzz\Gear\ folder?

Cheers UNZ
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

It might be a result of the song using effects so old that the machine .dll files changed their names since that. Because of this, the buzz machine site offers the old versions as well.

I don't know if anyone wrote a tool to show which .dll files are required by a .bmx file, but a hex editor will show these names too, if you're that desperate.
zephiris

Post by zephiris »

this sounds like the problem i had with a few of my old tracks.

my workaround was -> start buzz, load track -> manually add the missing machines somewhere to the machine view -> do not close buzz, do not save the track, just reload it without saving -> missing machines should not be missing anymore.

i do not know exactly why this happens and how to properly solve it. i tried replacing the missing machines with the freshly loaded ones, but after closing buzz and reopening the track, sometimes the machines load, but most of the time, even if i saved the track with the replaced missing ones, they appear missing again.

my real solution to this will be to completely replace those machines by others, which is going to be time consuming. for me, on some tracks it will be worth the effort, since i want to reuse them and not completely recreate them from scratch. after that is done, i will slowly start to recreate the ones that are worth the effort.

hope this helps
Buzztard

Post by Buzztard »

Joachip wrote:It might be a result of the song using effects so old that the machine .dll files changed their names since that. Because of this, the buzz machine site offers the old versions as well.

I don't know if anyone wrote a tool to show which .dll files are required by a .bmx file, but a hex editor will show these names too, if you're that desperate.
Thanks for your response Joachip. So are you suggesting that I download all of the old versions and save them in my 'gear' folder alongside all the newer versions? Or should I save them in a different place? Might having the old and the new machines and effects all in the same folders confuse Buzz?

Cheers!