LD Aux Send/Return Question

Candle

LD Aux Send/Return Question

Post by Candle »

Not sure quite what I'm doing wrong (or maybe my files are all screwy), but I can't seem to get any Aux Signal Loops working using LD Mixer & his Aux Send/Return Machines. I think part of the problem is that when I put LD Aux Send in a project, it comes up as a Control Machine. Should it not be an effect? LD Aux Return comes up as a Generator, which it should right?

Basically, what I'm trying to do is have an Aux FX Signal Chain that I can route to different live inputs in my Live Setup Project. Here's a look at the project to maybe help everyone get a better idea:
Setup Epscilon - JPEG.jpg
Setup Epscilon - JPEG.jpg (335.28 KiB) Viewed 8629 times
So, I'm wanting to make the Reverb & maybe some other FX part of this Aux Loop so that I can apply them to the various inputs coming into LD's Mixer before the signal gets routed to the Loops (Suppa Duppa Loopa & the Elottronix XL respectively). Or is there another way to do this?

Thoughts, comments, questions appreciated. Thanks in advance!

See You In The Shadows…
snowglobe

Re: LD Aux Send/Return Question

Post by snowglobe »

ld auxsend does show up as a Control Machine, and ld auxreturn does show up as a generator.

If you're trying to use the Aux send stuff that is built into ld mixer, you don't use an ld auxsend machine, however -- instead, right-click the mixer machine and look for Connect Aux 1 left ... etc.
IXix

Post by IXix »

snowglobe wrote:ld auxsend does show up as a Control Machine, and ld auxreturn does show up as a generator.
Not here. Send is displayed as an effect. Do you have it in the right folder?
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

IXix wrote:
snowglobe wrote:ld auxsend does show up as a Control Machine, and ld auxreturn does show up as a generator.
Not here. Send is displayed as an effect. Do you have it in the right folder?
Yeah -- auxsend is in effects.

So, pink for you, not grey huh?
Candle

Post by Candle »

Thanks for the replies, both of you.

Maybe I'm just not experienced enough with Aux signal routing. I can get a signal from the Mixer to the Aux Return, but then how do I route the Return Signal back into the Mixer (beyond routing it directly into the regular inputs)? I mean, the LD mixer has four Aux level dials at the top of each channel. Are these the Aux Send levels going out of the mixer or are they for Aux Returns? If they're Returns, how do you route the Return signal back into the mixer? I can't find any documentation for the mixer (I thought there was at one time, but I might be mistaken). But isn't the whole idea of Aux routing to insert the signal into a mixer channel, not route it into a seperate channel?

I know I'm talking very linearally in the context of Buzz & perhaps my easiest solution is to simply have multiple instances of my "Aux" effects for each of the channels I want them on. I was hoping to reduce the number of machines in my live project, but it seems I might complicate things more by trying to use Aux routing.

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Post by IXix »

snowglobe wrote:Yeah -- auxsend is in effects.
I suspect you might have a copy in Generators as well. I copied mine there and now it doesn't work.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Candle wrote:the LD mixer has four Aux level dials at the top of each channel. Are these the Aux Send levels going out of the mixer or are they for Aux Returns?
Those are send levels. Right-click on the mixer machine to set the auxbus channels for the four sends.
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

IXix wrote:
I suspect you might have a copy in Generators as well. I copied mine there and now it doesn't work.
Only have the one in effects, and everything works fine, just looks like this
Candle

Post by Candle »

IXix wrote:
Candle wrote:the LD mixer has four Aux level dials at the top of each channel. Are these the Aux Send levels going out of the mixer or are they for Aux Returns?
Those are send levels. Right-click on the mixer machine to set the auxbus channels for the four sends.
I figured they were Send Levels. But that still begs the question: how does one return the Aux signal to the Mixer? Is the only option via an unused Mixer Channel (i.e. you can't Insert the Aux signal back into the already routed channels)? If that's the case, I'm better off to forego the Aux routing all together & stick with multiple instances of my effects.
Candle

Post by Candle »

snowglobe wrote:
IXix wrote:
Only have the one in effects, and everything works fine, just looks like this
Mine comes up as a Control Machine but I'm still able to route its signal as if it were an effect. It's really weird…
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

Candle wrote:
IXix wrote:
I figured they were Send Levels. But that still begs the question: how does one return the Aux signal to the Mixer? Is the only option via an unused Mixer Channel (i.e. you can't Insert the Aux signal back into the already routed channels)? If that's the case, I'm better off to forego the Aux routing all together & stick with multiple instances of my effects.
Yeah, unless it's really well hidden, ld mixer doesn't have any sort of special aux in capability.
Anyhoo, I just realized after some testing that aux assignment stuff in ld mixer is very buggy, so don't bother with that.
Edited to add: all of the ld aux stuff has issues.
IXix

Post by IXix »

snowglobe wrote:Only have the one in effects, and everything works fine, just looks like this...
That's very odd. Still, if it works...
snowglobe

Post by snowglobe »

IXix wrote:
snowglobe wrote:That's very odd. Still, if it works...
But it doesn't. Going to check with ld0d to see if he might want to have a look.
(things break quickly when you add a second auxreturn or try to change assignments)
Candle

Post by Candle »

Yeah, I think I've decided to stick with multiple versions of the effects. It's just simpler all around. Thanks for the input, both of you!

Would be interested to see a bug fix tho…

See You In The Shadows…
Candle

Post by Candle »

A bit of an update:

I've decided to use LD Mixer's Aux Send function to route my various track routings through my Looping VSTs. I'm using Elogoxa's Elottronix XL v.1.4 (a Frippertonics emulator which is lots of fun to play around with) as well as the Suppa Duppa Loopa for loops. It seems to be working quite well, making my routing so much easier & straight forward.

Again, thanks for the help IX & Snowglobe!

See You In The Shadows…