[solved] Crackling sound!: What is ASIO buffer 2+3 (async)

(Ok)

Re: [solved] Crackling sound!: What is ASIO buffer 2+3 (async)

Post by (Ok) »

Use any of them at least for figuring out if there is a problem with a machine. However, if you feel happy with Oskari's solution you can keep it as either a tracker generation aware dev, very decent sample management, cool and heavily midi aware editor, advanced interoperability for a free solution. The very "reason" why I stick to Buzz through years is the respect shown to old fashioned trackers fellows. I mean whatever a perf in a given soft, Buzz provides a very reliable free mod / pattern editor or as your convenience also a very stable bench for production, etc. Buzz can easily look "root" to wrong eyes, but has all needed to let you work. Now don't get me wrong, many friends are achieving extremely cool patterns with totally different interfaces, sometimes very inspiring methods.. So in the end, machines win over what loads them. As for editors, the winner is the one you feel more comfortable with (guess what xD). Not to depend on any of them is also very pleasant. ;P
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

yes, "...machine wins over what it loads...", indeed. But when I load Abelton or Cubase I think to myself, "how to get an workflow here, it's so overloaded!", hell, what it is not, I admit, just habit in majority... (and laziness :lol: )so I stay at buzz :P
(Ok)

Post by (Ok) »

Hahaha, stay sure I am probably faaaar more lazy than anyone :lol:
What I noticed is that if I start a set on either Live, Cubase, Reason or even returning back to some FastTracker derivatives (and more) or so... I mean a lot are heavily overloaded as you said. If I pay a specific visit in them because I thought about it in the train on my way back home (should not admit on my way to work :lol: ), I know I can render a very workbench (as a wav or so) from there to load it as a raster sample in Buzz. Like you, Buzz is Mom's home. We could imagine setting up a mod in any solution... Or setting part of it, knowing those tracks should always be accepted by all solutions. If I should combine / do a compositing job to merge those samples, I know Buzz would make it best to let me do so without me spending a single penny and with an equivalent professional output. THIS have my infinite respect and sympathy... like forever.
The only crime of Buzz is just to say to us, "ok go ahead, write". Now if people complain about some ergonomics needed by spoiled kids, the answer is : "yeah, but the stuff is letting you be a pro for free, tell me a bit about that !?" :lol: :lol: :lol: