Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

User avatar
Candle
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:03 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by Candle »

IXix wrote:When a musician is ready for Buzz, Buzz will find them.
Wow. That one hit me in a deep place, IX. :shock:

I guess I'm one of us lucky ones that Buzz found me a long time ago.

See You In The Shadows…

User avatar
IXix
Posts: 852
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by IXix »

Candle wrote:Wow. That one hit me in a deep place, IX. :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
mcbpete
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:45 pm

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by mcbpete »

Apologies, my bump of the old thread wasn't to provoke - More a question that was raised in between the drama:
mcbpete wrote:
Joachip wrote:Most people use the 32 bit version which is the most tested one.
And it can actually load 64-bit VST plugins... because polac is a wizard!
Which setup do you think is the most stable - the stable 32bit of Buzz with Polac's VST loader bridging to 64bit VSTs, or using the native (but experimental) 64bit Buzz build without bridging ?

User avatar
onecircles
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:07 am

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by onecircles »

Start a new topic, your q will be more visible that way, and this stain of a non-post can slowly recede into darkness. hehe

User avatar
temporalsounds
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by temporalsounds »

I agree with you onecircles.

I tried many alt. audio programs, but I always return to Buzz.
Like you say :´´It is a mirror of YOUR SOUL´´

I think,this question : ´´Soo,is Buzz dead again´´ is just inept provocation ,nothing else
;)

User avatar
onecircles
Posts: 320
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:07 am

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by onecircles »

Yeah, "inept provocation" well said. :mrgreen:

And by the posters own admission, they never plumbed into the depths of what this DAW is capable of.

Let's admit it, this DAW is complex. It's difficult. This is not garage band.

But thanks to the hard work of all the devs, as much as you're willing to put in, it will give back and then some, with big surprises all along the way. It is a truly deep and rich experience, investing your music into this little ecosystem.

User avatar
george
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:01 am

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by george »

My opinion: Jeskola.net is up right? Then Buzz is alive. Minimoog has not been updated in 48 years and it's still used ;)

boombaxx
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by boombaxx »

All i know this i can do things on buzz that become incredibly difficult on other daws very quickly. How hard is connecting two boxes together. It is almost like hitting your first note on a guitar. It is the unlimited nature of Buzz that keeps people using Buzz.

User avatar
AndersBrontosaurus
Posts: 489
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:31 am
Location: Fellingsbro

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

pavulon wrote: I hope I won't upset anyone, thats not my intention.
I would rather like to know what you guys think - is there any hope for buzz ? Would you recommend it to anyone starting with music ?

User avatar
george
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:01 am

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by george »

Buzz learning curve is steep for starters but the results are worth it.

User avatar
invisible_sweater
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:52 am

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by invisible_sweater »

I've been using buzz straight through since 2006. I have a lot of songwriting tied up in it. The layout and routing options in Buzz make it both impractical and foolish to port my songs to a more modern DAW. Honestly, after using Buzz for so long, trying to learn a new DAW I see a lot of way it's less convenient than Buzz. The tracker format really has it's percs, and the node based machine editor is extremely powerful.

Hoping to see an update or new machines soon, however it took me forever to get on board with "New Buzz" and I'm still enjoying the updated functions we already got.

Best of luck fellow Buzzers!

Willy
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:02 pm

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by Willy »

Buzz is for ideologists, mainly age 35+, tracker-savvy. Look at most young music producers. FL Studio or Ableton is what they use, because these are industry standards, there are loads of tutorials (Youtube!) for the software itself and how to create specific sounds, the software works out of the box with hardware, there's a big community despite being commercial.

:cry:

User avatar
george
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:01 am

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by george »

Yeah however Buzz system requirements are:

Windows computer.
IQ above 126 :mrgreen:

User avatar
temporalsounds
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by temporalsounds »

george wrote:Yeah however Buzz system requirements are:

Windows computer.
IQ above 126 :mrgreen:
:lol: YES ,,,FOR STARTERS.....

User avatar
Buzztler
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:54 pm
Location: Faraway but near enough

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by Buzztler »

Well, you can make every simple thingy very, very complicated, but the good thing is: meanwhile there is a whole bunch of professional DAW-Software available for free.
Everybody is allowed to work with it even for professional use. In the old days this wasn't so, even with a commercial program you just had the license for personal use :lol:, that was absolutely funny, 'cause you found this infomation only in Box!

The reason for getting into Buzz once was, that is was and still is absolutely free, even for professional or commercial use.

I'll never forget that Oskari, that was awesome and very, very honorable ... so Buzz never has been really dead, there were always a lot of musicians using it (imo) without posting on Buzz-Forums or using Buzztunes.org, they simply use it ... ;)

User avatar
szaszhareen
Posts: 519
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:15 am
Location: deep beneath the earths crust

Re: Sooooo, is buzz dead again ?

Post by szaszhareen »

invisible_sweater wrote:I've been using buzz straight through since 2006. I have a lot of songwriting tied up in it. The layout and routing options in Buzz make it both impractical and foolish to port my songs to a more modern DAW. Honestly, after using Buzz for so long, trying to learn a new DAW I see a lot of way it's less convenient than Buzz. The tracker format really has it's percs, and the node based machine editor is extremely powerful.

Hoping to see an update or new machines soon, however it took me forever to get on board with "New Buzz" and I'm still enjoying the updated functions we already got.

Best of luck fellow Buzzers!
agreed! I've gotten hardware/software fever several times over the last few years, buying midi controllers that were supposed to be "integrated deeply" (i'm looking at you, nektar panorama) with various daws. The integrations were never smooth enough to make my workflow any better, and the learning curve of a new daw was always a big downside. plus i always managed to make them crash by doing perfectly normal things (people used to bitch about buzz stability, don't make me laugh).

I have pretty much given the 1 finger salute to newer daws, excepting reaper, which is great for tracking and editing. i can make everything so much faster in buzz that it just doesn't make any sense to try and learn another system unless there is some extenuating circumstance.

every music workflow has it's place, but the best workflow is the one you can work the fastest. since i already know how to whip stuff out in buzz it makes no sense to try and do it somewhere else, i have like <8 hours a week i can work on music, so any shortcut i can take is one that i will take advantage of.

there is one thing that buzz could use which would take it to the next level, and it's the clip launcher thing that oskari did a POC of a while back.

even without that being fully fleshed out, buzz is still my favorite. will continue to buy oskari and the devs beers for all the wonderful work taking place here :)

Post Reply