Post by IXix »

Sigh, we all make mistakes. :lol:

2019.02.15 - IX Magic 1.09d- x86

Sorry for any inconvenience. :oops:
thOke

Re: IX Magic - Updated Feb 15th 2019

Post by thOke »

All good now! :dance: :dance:
I simply ignored the wrong date of the file!
tinga

Post by tinga »

Thanks for this update, also a larger Magic, it fixes a bug where 3 pages could play at the same time, I'm just starting to discover the huge potential of this machine, a perfect timer for all process, terrific. The great commander, interactions with all the others peer machines are infinite.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:it fixes a bug where 3 pages could play at the same time
Oops, didn't know about that one! :lol:

Does anybody have any issues with windows disappearing or is it just me? It's been a long term annoyance here but I think I may have cured it by updating the window code framework. If other people are suffering from it I'll put an update out sooner rather than later.
thOke

Post by thOke »

I think there is a kind of bug in the accumulator.

Please have a look at the example bmx:
AccuBugOrNot.zip
(4.09 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
There is a chord sequence and paralleling eighth-sequences, which should play
synchronously. To get those eighth-sequences, the accumulator is set to 2 but now they
are delayed one tick. To get what i want, i have to delay the chord sequence for 1 tick.
If you set the accumulator to 4 in the eighth-sequences to make it a fourth sequence,
you have to delay the chord sequence by 3 ticks to synchronize them.

Hope it's clear what i mean. :?: :!:
Is that a featue, a bug or am i getting something wrong?
Magic Accu.jpg
Magic Accu.jpg (93.22 KiB) Viewed 7578 times
Attachments
AccuBugOrNot.zip
(78.02 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
IXix

Post by IXix »

thOke wrote:There is a chord sequence and paralleling eighth-sequences, which should play
synchronously. To get those eighth-sequences, the accumulator is set to 2 but now they
are delayed one tick. To get what i want, i have to delay the chord sequence for 1 tick.
If you set the accumulator to 4 in the eighth-sequences to make it a fourth sequence,
you have to delay the chord sequence by 3 ticks to synchronize them.
If you set the 8th Event accumulators to "2:2" does it do what you want?

The Events fire when the accumulator counter hits 2, so to make them fire straight away you have to set the offset to match the threshold. You can select them all at once with ctrl+click, so you only have to enter the new value just once.

The accumulator box always shows the threshold but the offset and limit aren't displayed if they're at the default settings. I could change that or make it optional behaviour if it's confusing.
thOke wrote:Hope it's clear what i mean. :?: :!:
Not very clear but just about clear enough. :lol:
thOke

Post by thOke »

IXix wrote: The Events fire when the accumulator counter hits 2 ...
Ah, now it's clear. That makes sense.
My mistake was, that i thought if the accumulator is at 2, it starts on the first trigger and again after the third etc., but it's rather logical, that it starts after the second trigger!

Thanks for the explanation! All fine (except my brain ... sometimes! ;) )
IXix wrote: The accumulator box always shows the threshold but the offset and limit aren't displayed if they're at the default settings. I could change that or make it optional behaviour if it's confusing.
No,no ... it isn't! 8-)
tinga

Post by tinga »

The copy/paste page crash buzz, in some cases, on my computer (win 10), the safe way for me is to create a new page before to paste, also if I transfer a template with a Magic in the machine view windows, if there is another Magic, Buzz closes immediately, you can say, why 2 Magics at the same time, one isn't enough? (of course, i can use 2 Magics without crash), but maybe it's linked to the copy paste problem.
Except that bug, good stability, I haven't yet understand all in this machine, Magic is like Buzz, you can use it in a simple way and make music very quickly, but you can also go deeper...
thOke wrote:My mistake was, that i thought if the accumulator is at 2, it starts on the first trigger and again after the third etc., but it's rather logical, that it starts after the second trigger!
I made the same mistake at the beginning with Magic, but I'm inexcusable because I use Accumulator since many years and i know how it works!
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:The copy/paste page crash buzz, in some cases, on my computer (win 10), the safe way for me is to create a new page before to paste, also if I transfer a template with a Magic in the machine view windows, if there is another Magic, Buzz closes immediately
I'll look into it! If you can give me exact steps to reproduce that would be good. I haven't touched the code for ages so I needed a kick up the rear.
tinga wrote:you can say, why 2 Magics at the same time, one isn't enough? (of course, i can use 2 Magics without crash)
There's no reason why you can't trigger one instance with another! :mrgreen:
tinga wrote:Except that bug, good stability, I haven't yet understand all in this machine, Magic is like Buzz, you can use it in a simple way and make music very quickly, but you can also go deeper...
Got to give you something to do with all that spare time. :lol:
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:The copy/paste page crash buzz, in some cases, on my computer (win 10), the safe way for me is to create a new page before to paste, also if I transfer a template with a Magic in the machine view windows, if there is another Magic, Buzz closes immediately
I can make it crash by copying the Page while it's being triggered by a PeerLFO. Is that what's happening to you? Can you copy/paste Pages if no triggering is happening?
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote:I can make it crash by copying the Page while it's being triggered by a PeerLFO. Is that what's happening to you? Can you copy/paste Pages if no triggering is happening?
Of course all things begin with a LFO, but it happens also without LFO, win10 and also in win7, but maybe the problem is my 2 computers, I have also some troubles with pattern XP mod because i can't install totally "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable package", so I have a windows problem, an old windows titan, and a not very clean win10.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Updated!
IX wrote: 2019.04.06 - IX Magic 1.09e- x86
+ Fixed crash when loading from Buzz template
+ Fixed crash when copy/pasting Pages
+ Fixed incomplete undo points when pasting various objects
+ Window handling code updates (caused lots of issues but hopefully I got all the bugs!)
tinga wrote:Of course all things begin with a LFO, but it happens also without LFO, win10 and also in win7, but maybe the problem is my 2 computers, I have also some troubles with pattern XP mod because i can't install totally "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable package", so I have a windows problem, an old windows titan, and a not very clean win10.
Hopefully I've fixed the bugs you were seeing (and a few others too!) but let me know if not. Also the internal window handling code got a major update so it might work better on newer systems or it might just crash a lot, so please keep an eye out for any new bugs! :lol:
tinga

Re: IX Magic - Updated Apr 6th 2019

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote:Hopefully I've fixed the bugs you were seeing (and a few others too!) but let me know if not. Also the internal window handling code got a major update so it might work better on newer systems or it might just crash a lot, so please keep an eye out for any new bugs! :lol:
Great, copy paste works better now, and I see you added numbers for page in the pop up, it was strange for me to have 2 page one, thanks for this quick update.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote: I see you added numbers for page in the pop up, it was strange for me to have 2 page one
Yeah, I need to think about renaming copies of things. Glad it's working.
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote:Yeah, I need to think about renaming copies of things
Not necessary now, we have numbers, and page's names will be changed.
I can start now a (big) project, but I have also concert to prepare with my guitar and a great Venezuelan woman singer, many work, I will try to use Buzz and mix trad Yoruba religious music with electro, Magic is cool to play complex melody with one pad or trigger, useful for live and the antiflam a good security.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:I can start now a (big) project, but I have also concert to prepare with my guitar and a great Venezuelan woman singer, many work, I will try to use Buzz and mix trad Yoruba religious music with electro, Magic is cool to play complex melody with one pad or trigger, useful for live and the antiflam a good security.
Be sure to post links if there's anything to see or hear online!
tinga

Post by tinga »

Magic is also a peerscale using 'Pass , perfect with accumulator, and i discover a weird thing, accumulator goes up to B9, but Magic up to the regular G10 (127), I never notice that before, anyway doesn't matter, a .bmx using that, it's the beginning of a demo for BR808, I can't understand, BR808 is a great free VSTi, with amazing options, all 8, osc, ADSR, env, fx etc..., 24 out, vocal synthesis, wave editor, and no sound banks, people don't like it? why? I made one 8 years ago, but a crappy thing, just for test, so I want to make something correct, OK the stability is not 100%, but easy to see what are the limits.
There is always the bug (sorry :cry: ) when I load the file, all pages play at the same time, of course, It's easy with 2 empty pages to correct this unpleasantness.
br808
VSTi
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:when I load the file, all pages play at the same time
Damn, I thought I'd fixed that! I'll try to squash it as soon as possible. :oops:

Firefox is screaming virus at me when I try to download the BR808 but I have an older version. I might struggle to play your file but with a bit of luck I may be able to catch the page bug.
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote:Firefox is screaming virus at me when I try to download the BR808 but I have an older version.
Probably Bero's site has unconventional code :)
BR808