IX Magic 1.16d - October 30th, 2023

IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated April 18th 2020

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 pm2020.04.18 - IX Magic 1.12b - x86
+ Fixed more keyboard bugs.
I really hope that's the last of these keyboard bugs!
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:49 pm I'm going to kill that code so I never need to see it again
Ultimately you see it again another time :evil:
Sorry for this return hell :(
+/- is very useful, LFO simulation, fade in/out...
Yesterday, I try to explain "Magic" to a friend musician, it was not so easy. It could be a standalone very effective.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:04 pmYesterday, I try to explain "Magic" to a friend musician, it was not so easy.
:lol:

I've tried explaining it to people too and they never understand.

I don't think I could ever make it as a standalone. My powers are too weak. :lol:
Candle

Post by Candle »

IXix wrote:I've tried explaining it to people too and they never understand.
That's the magic of Magic, IX: it's just magical ;) :lol:

See You In The Shadows…
tinga

Post by tinga »

I'm trying the state machines system, :dance: , the auto capture/restore on page change, great idea, its very comfortable.
I always funded my autoplays a little bit rough, with the load page event, I can add a delay for the LFO on :lol:
line2.7z
state machine demo
(6.31 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
(turn the pages manually)
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:03 pm I'm trying the state machines system, :dance: , the auto capture/restore on page change, great idea, its very comfortable.
Cool. Let me know if there's anything that might improve it. Haven't played with that very much so it's all thought and no experience.

Unfortunately I can't load your bmx as it crashes Buzz. Don't think it's down to Magic as it happens in the MFC100 dll. Could be something to do with PeerLFO because the "can't load preset file" error pops up.
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:09 pm Could be something to do with PeerLFO because the "can't load preset file" error pops up.
Oh, I think its because I selected "both" in LFO's attributes, Its the first time I see 4 options in attributes, it was 2 before, have you the same LFO? I use the 1.3d, you should have the latest version :lol:
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:06 pm
IXix wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:09 pm Could be something to do with PeerLFO because the "can't load preset file" error pops up.
Oh, I think its because I selected "both" in LFO's attributes, Its the first time I see 4 options in attributes, it was 2 before, have you the same LFO? I use the 1.3d, you should have the latest version :lol:
Oh no, it's fine. I just needed to load PeerLFO on its own so it could get over the preset thing. Now your track loads fine and it's lovely.

New computer, still ironing out the glitches! :lol:

edit: And you've demonstrated a bug! The machine states dialog remembers its size on you machine and is too small on mine, so the controls are chopped off! Need to make all of them resizable soon.
IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated May 2nd, 2020

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 pm2020.05.02 IX Magic 1.12c - x86
+ MIDI and Machine States dialogs are now resizable
Little update. :)
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

Thank you IXix for update.
Last edited by temporalsounds on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candle

Post by Candle »

Thanks for working on this amazing machine, IX :dance:

See You In The Shadows…
Candle

Post by Candle »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a quirk...

So I recently received a brand new MIDI controller & spent the day programing it & Magic to control my crazy "Live" Buzz setup. This evening, I unhooked my laptop from my recording equipment & decided to iron out some kinks in my Magic settings. This means I switched my Buzz output from ASIO (my UMC404HD Interface) to MME. Opening up Magic in the "Live" setup that I was modifying today, I found it completely empty. It seems it has returned to the defaults (an empty Sequence & Step inside an empty Page). I'm not upset that I have to redo the work (now that I figured things out, it'll be quicker to input the settings I want), I'm just wondering if this is a bug or just a weird Buzz quirk.

Here's my system info if it helps, IX:

Intel Celeron N3050 CPU
Windows 10 Home
Buzz Build 1503 32 Bit
IX Magic v.1.12c x86 (May 2nd Update)

If you have any questions about this, let me know. And as always, thanks for continuing to develop this amazing machine!

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Post by IXix »

Candle wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:48 amIt seems it has returned to the defaults (an empty Sequence & Step inside an empty Page). I'm not upset that I have to redo the work (now that I figured things out, it'll be quicker to input the settings I want), I'm just wondering if this is a bug or just a weird Buzz quirk.
Really sorry about that! It sounds like something went bad when loading and it reverted to the default template.

Did you overwrite the file? The settings should be intact if you didn't and I could try to debug it. If you didn't preserve the file, could you try to give me an idea of what you were doing and if it happens again, please send me the file. It might be worth exporting a Magic template regularly as a precaution when you're setting it back up. The templates are xml and a bit more resistant to things going wrong.

In fact, when you save your bmx, make a point of exporting a Magic xml file too. That way, if the binary load fails, you shouldn't lose any work and the xml will help me figure out where the binary load went wrong.
Candle

Post by Candle »

I didn't overwrite the file. I saved a secondary version. I've hooked my laptop back up to my recording gear & I'm currently seeing if changing back to ASIO outputs in Buzz makes a difference with the original file. No dice. Magic is still reverted to the default. :(

Saving the XML template is a good idea - a habit I'm going to start from now on. Until then, here's links to the files. The first is the original file & the second is the one I saved after finding the Magic defaulted in the original.

Original BMX

Saved File

The file does contain two free VST's:

FreeAmp 2.5

GTune

Let me know if you have any questions or need anything else.

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Post by IXix »

Thanks, I'll get on it tomorrow. :oops:
Candle

Post by Candle »

8-) Thanks IX!

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Post by IXix »

Candle wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:48 amI switched my Buzz output from ASIO (my UMC404HD Interface) to MME.
Changing the Buzz output device won't affect Magic, so don't bother experimenting on that front.

I've had a look at your file and it's got me perplexed. I was expecting a minor mismatch between the save/load routines in an Event but it goes off the rails almost instantly, before it even gets to loading the Page structure and I really can't understand why. It's going to take a lot of head scratching to figure out what went wrong. :(
Candle

Post by Candle »

Sorry :( On the plus side, I've started backing up the XML setup I re-configured in Magic so if this happens again I should be able to just load the last saved XML version. That's a real handy feature 8-)

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Post by IXix »

Candle wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 3:34 pm I've started backing up the XML setup I re-configured in Magic so if this happens again I should be able to just load the last saved XML version.
I hope it happens again so I can try to figure out why it happened! Very odd. Did you do anything in the resources window? All that stuff is missing in the broken file.
Candle

Post by Candle »

No, the only change from one to the other was unplugging my laptop from my Audio Interface (USB) & changing Buzz's Audio Output from ASIO to MME.

As for Magic, I only added pages, sequences, steps & events. I didn't touch the resources page, iirc.

See You In The Shadows…