IX Magic 1.15d - January 21st, 2021

IXix

Re: IX Magic 1.15d - January 21st, 2021

Post by IXix »

Candle wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:27 pm
Buzz can't seem to find the dll when I try to load Magic in a previous Buzz project. It then crashes Buzz. It says "%1 is not a valid Win32 application" when I try to drop it into a new project.
I'm not sure I'm following what you're saying. Could you give step by step instructions?

Candle

Post by Candle »

Sure. The following situations happened with v. 1.15d x86

First instance:

1. Opened previously saved BMX containing Magic as one of its Buzz machines.
2. Buzz hangs when it begins to load Magic into the project.
3. Buzz crashes & closes.

Second instance:

1. Open a new, blank Buzz project
2. Add Magic to the Machine View
3. Error message window with "%1 is not a valid Win32 application" as an explanation appears.

I reverted to v. 1.15c x86 and attempted to follow the second instance. No error message appeared on load, however Magic was loaded in as "Crashed". I reverted back to v.1.15b x86 & had no problems loading Magic into a new porject or from a previously saved BMX. I am currently using v. 1.15b x86 as it seems to be working as expected.

Hope that clears things up & helps you troubleshoot. Thanks for looking at this.

See You In The Shadows…

IXix

Post by IXix »

Candle wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:20 pm
Sure. The following situations happened with v. 1.15d x86...
Thanks. That's weird. I hate programming. :roll:

Candle

Post by Candle »

I know you're deep in the code for this wonderful machine, IX, but I just stumbled across a bit of a feature request (bug?) while you're re-coding things (hopefully it's an easy one). So I've been busy re-programming my Foot Controller & Magic for a new version of my "Live" Buzz Setup (it's a little smoother of an interface & gives me a few more options than I had before). What I've noticed is that as I'm adding new Sequences into Magic or updating Step or Event data, if I have more sequences that fit in the page column & I require a scroll bar (which I do with my current setup :lol: ), then every data update makes the list of sequences jump back up to the top. It's somewhat annoying to have to scroll back down to the sequence/step/event I'm editing just to update another piece of data only to have it jump back up to the top. I'll post some pics to help explain:

Editing Data

After Editing the Data

So if there was a way to stop Magic from jumping back up to the top of the window (second picture) that would make editing smoother. Thanks for all your hard work IX :!:

See You In The Shadows…

p.s. As you might notice from the pics, I couldn't do what I do without your wonderful machines (Patchbay (I think I'm using five different ones :lol: ), Split & of course Magic :D ). So again, thank you for making my performance dreams a reality!

IXix

Post by IXix »

Yeah, I can see why that might be a bit annoying. It's sort of a known issue but I never really expected it to be that much of a problem as I rarely get into scrollbar territory. I'll get around to it soon.

Love the screenshots! :lol:

Candle

Post by Candle »

I'm sure Tinga is someone else who probably "gets into scrollbar territory" ;) I'm just nuts with all my presets, but Magic works so perfectly for mapping my Foot Controller to Buzz.

Thanks for having a look :D

See You In The Shadows…

IXix

Post by IXix »

Candle wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:33 pm
Thanks for having a look :D
No problem, thanks for pointing it out. It's fixed in the next release but I can't let it out until I catch a tricky bug and update the docs so it'll probably be a couple of weeks. If you're desperate (and brave) you can be a beta tester. :D

Candle

Post by Candle »

Well, I got it programmed as is, despite the scroll jump. But yeah, if you'd like me to Beta Test, I could give it a shot. I'll probably re-name the DLL so it doesn't mess with my "Live" setup (now that I've got it all put back together).

See You In The Shadows…