IX Magic 1.16d - October 30th, 2023

IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated January 13th 2020

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote: 2020.01.23 - IX Magic 1.11 - x86
+ Fixed note off being triggered by full velocity when using velocity to control note params.
+ Corrected documentation of chord definition in Note Sequence Reference
+ Fixed value range parsing broken by 1.10
+ Machine version 1.11 (still file version 11)
Okay, so backwards compatibility for the range bug was awkward and ugly so I decided against it. If you made a track with 1.10 using value ranges and you need to preserve the incorrect value range behaviour, all you have to do is put an equals sign before the second value in the range definition eg. "R:%10-=50". Doing so will force the second value to be treated as a normal integer value, which will recreate the effect of the broken code.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :oops:
Candle

Re: IX Magic - Updated January 23rd 2020

Post by Candle »

IX: thank you so much for continuing to update this wonderful machine. I really need to start delving into it more. I think that is what I'm going to do over the next little while. Experiment & play with Magic to see what it can do. Am I right in understanding that it can have a similar function to Peer State? If so, that would be awesome for my "Live" setup that I'm always tinkering with.

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Post by IXix »

Candle wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:44 pmAm I right in understanding that it can have a similar function to Peer State?
There's a bit of crossover but it's not a replacement for PeerState. Magic can save/restore machine states (all parameters) when you change the active Page but this is more for the sake of ensuring everything is set up correctly for the Page to function as intended, resetting things to how they should be at the start.

A machine state Event is something I've considered but I'm not adding new Event types yet as I still have issues to fix. In the meantime, targetting PeerState with Peer Events is likely to be a useful technique.
Candle

Post by Candle »

Yeah, I see that. I'm not doing anything huge with the Peer States, simply creating presets in my setup that I can quickly change to. I mean, what I'm changing from state to state is the routings in PatchBay & the program settings (presets) in my VSTi's & VST's. I think I can manage that with the Peer Control setting in magic as regular events. It's something I'm playing around with right now.

See You In The Shadows…
Candle

Post by Candle »

OK, I just tested it out & it works exactly the way I want it to :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm just loving all of the 8-) possibilities you having given us with your amazing machines IX :!: :D :D :D

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Post by IXix »

Candle wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:08 pm OK, I just tested it out & it works exactly the way I want it to :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm just loving all of the 8-) possibilities you having given us with your amazing machines IX :!: :D :D :D
Glad to be of service! Feel free to ask questions or suggest improvements.
IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated Jan 19th 2019

Post by IXix »

thOke wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:50 pm
IXix wrote:
thOke wrote:Win10 64bit, 1920x1080 (recommended resolution), no special or larger font in use as far as i know,
with Buzz default theme.
I don't know why it looks different for you and tinga. I'd assume it's something specific to your system, maybe a Windows theme or something. I don't have Win10 so I'm in the dark, sorry. :(
Ooops, it is my Win10 !!! "Scaling" of text, apps and other elements was set to 125%!!! (i am an old fart :ugeek: )
I didn't realize that before, because i had to sign off to activate these settings.
@thoke my new laptop has the same problem you had. I'm trying to figure out why the tab content is not being scaled properly but I'm not having much luck so far. I hate bugs like this. :(
thOke

Re: IX Magic - Updated Jan 19th 2019

Post by thOke »

IXix wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:44 pm ...I'm trying to figure out why the tab content is not being scaled properly but I'm not having much luck so far. I hate bugs like this. :(
It's something, i can live with, because the resources content can still be changed. If those tabs were resizable, the problem
should be gone. I don't know, how difficult that is to do though.
tinga

Post by tinga »

Hi IXix, a long time since my last post.
I don't know if it's a bug, maybe something is wrong in my template, you have to select page one and pages loop play like that: page0,1,0,2,0,3,0,1,0,2 etc.., but it always stop, and sometime it plays just 0,1,0 or the total loop 3 or 4 times, randomly (no sound, just a page test)
Attachments
testurn1.7z
(2.17 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:33 pm Hi IXix, a long time since my last post.
I don't know if it's a bug, maybe something is wrong in my template, you have to select page one and pages loop play like that: page0,1,0,2,0,3,0,1,0,2 etc.., but it always stop, and sometime it plays just 0,1,0 or the total loop 3 or 4 times, randomly (no sound, just a page test)
It never occurred to me that Pages might be used in that way so it's probably a bug. I'll have a look as soon as possible.
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote:It never occurred to me that Pages might be used in that way
:lol: I thought it was a basic use of the "load page event", anyway Accumulator is perfect to drive Magic, and Magic controls .Acc, a perfect peer to peer system, and i can make the same system of page turning.
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:13 pm :lol: I thought it was a basic use of the "load page event"
Yes, of course you're right. I think I know roughly what the problem is...
IXix

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:25 pm I think I know roughly what the problem is...
Nasty bug this. Hard to catch. I know where it's happening but I can't understand why it's happening. I found a way to stop it but I'm worried that it might have unintended consequences. I hate bugs! :lol:
IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated March 22nd 2020

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:35 pm 2020.01.23 - IX Magic 1.11a - x86
+ Event reset now does soft clear of work queue (fix for tinga's Page load loop bug)
+ Resource dialog is now resizable (workaround for broken dpi thing)
+ Machine version 1.11a (still file version 11)
Update!

I fixed (I think) tinga's Page load looping problem by changing how Events clear their work queue when a reset happens. When the Page is changed, magic does a reset of the current Page before loading the new Page but for some unknown reason, when the Page change was caused by a Page Change Event, the reset could sometimes cancel that Event, even though it had already fired. Utterly baffled. :?:

So now when a reset happens, any pending triggerings are cancelled and note-offs waiting to happen will be triggered (as if the note-off had been received). This means that delayed note-offs will still happen even though they belong to the previous Page. This might actually be better but it's all so complex that I can't think through all of the possible implications, so be on the lookout for anything weird happening when the Page changes. It may be that I might need to tailor the reset behaviour for individual Event types.

In less confusing news, I managed to persuade the Resources dialog to display properly by implementing resizing for it. I'll add resizing for the other dialogs soon.

Enjoy, and STOP FINDING BUGS! :lol:
thOke

Post by thOke »

Thank you, wizard! :dance: :D :dance:
Candle

Post by Candle »

Thank you! :D

See You In The Shadows…
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:21 pm Enjoy, and STOP FINDING BUGS!
Yet you do it very well (debugging) :dance:
The loop turns since 20 minutes, you kill it!
This way is very cool, multidimensional sequencing, evolutive structures 8-)
Thank you, you' re the boss.
Buzztler

Post by Buzztler »

IX you did a superb job on this machine and somehow I feel sorry to comment now that I have serious problems with your last version of the machine.
I run on Win7 64 latest Updates and 32 bit Buzz. Everything worked fine with IX Magic, until I get the latest version.Buzz loads tinga's testurn1 exactly one time. After this Buzz crashes. From the begin on I have not been able to load the older thOke and tinga tracks into Buzz. I get an Error message sayin' Incompatible data. No restart of the computer fixed this problem.
If I switch back to the older version from january everything runs fine again, except tinga's testurn1.bmx. The Debug Console of Buzz doesn't show any error. Simply incompatible data on start of buzz, if I click this away, Buzz loads all former examples, but there is no sound output.
So I switch back to the January version and hope I can help to find the bug in my system, or in the latest IX Magic dll
Take care ...
P.S.:when Buzz Crashes it shows an ntdll.dll and clr.dll error
IXix

Post by IXix »

Hmmm, I seem to have the same (or very similar) problem. It was working fine with the debug build so there must be a problem with the project configuration. I've just moved to Visual Studio 2019 so it's probably something to do with that. I'll have a look.
:geek:
IXix

Post by IXix »

IXix wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:00 pm I've just moved to Visual Studio 2019 so it's probably something to do with that. I'll have a look.
Oh, no hang on, I found the problem. I'm unbearably stupid sometimes. :oops:

Fix on its way...