IX Magic 1.16d - October 30th, 2023

IXix

Re: IX Magic - Updated Jan 19th 2019

Post by IXix »

onecircles wrote:"buzz keys mode" for note sequence data: Rather than entering the actual note names, using the buzz keys for note names as used in pattern view.
You mean putting stuff like "qwerty" into the sequence text box? How would that work with international keyboards I wonder? Not sure about that one.

Can't download/play your link but I'm glad you're having fun with it. :dance:
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Well you know how in buzz to enter your note names in pattern editor, the chromatic scale is

_s d___g h j
z x c v b n m

_2 3___5 6 7
q w e r t y u

It would work like that. How does this work for the normal pattern editor on international keyboards? Is it the keys on the same positions? I don't know.

And my link. I never can get these mega links to work.

Does this work?

https://mega.nz/#!8UJQwaTL!tWXlkmZkRQJz ... 2RUUNO57H4
tinga

Post by tinga »

IXix, it's like you're reading my thoughts, Magic just doing what I'm doing in a complicated way, but not only, it's a great tool for groove, probably the best in Buzz, the delay parameter in the way Magic works is :dance: groovy, positively groovy. Once you have configured your Magic, with your chords, arpeggios, patterns, pages, midi config, you have in your hands a great instrument for live.
For me, good stability, many things that I not tested, I like this moment when you discover unexpected things (of course, I don't speak about bugs), Magic is modular, everything can be sequenced, notes :lol: , params, sequences, pages...
A 7z with a demo of multi tempo (accel-rall).
accel_rall.7z
(33.43 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
IXix

Post by IXix »

tinga wrote:IXix, it's like you're reading my thoughts...
Haha, I knew you'd love it! :lol:

Very interesting stuff in that zip. Off topic, where did you get Polac Delay from? I can't find it. :?:
IXix

Post by IXix »

bozz

Post by bozz »

Crashing buze 0.5.9 in wine in ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
Opened normally in buze 0.8.9 in wine in ubuntu in 14.04 LTS.

But usually I prefer the older 0.5.9 version as it has same simplicity of original buzz. Not sure what is causing this crash? Probably there is no way around this?

Apart from this, thanks for sharing, just read the documentation a little to check what it is all about. Sounds all very interesting. Having some youtube demos would be cool.
IXix

Post by IXix »

bozz wrote:Crashing buze 0.5.9 in wine in ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
Opened normally in buze 0.8.9 in wine in ubuntu in 14.04 LTS.
Thanks for reporting but I can't do anything about that at this time. Not really in a position to debug it. Encouraging that it works in the newer release though.

I won't be making any demo videos. I'm too old fashioned for that, sorry! :D
thOke

Post by thOke »

solo.jpg
solo.jpg (9 KiB) Viewed 7780 times
ProgBluesImprovMagic.zip
(13.52 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
:!: 8-)

And a small bug report:
The edit field in the resources window is hardly visible here (and i can't resize the window)
resourceswindow.jpg
resourceswindow.jpg (35.84 KiB) Viewed 7776 times
IXix

Post by IXix »

thOke wrote:The edit field in the resources window is hardly visible here (and i can't resize the window)
Hmmm. What are your display settings? Have you set a larger font size for Windows or anything like that? :?:

I need to have a hard think about how to make all the windows resizeable... :geek:

Not tried your song yet but if the picture is anything to go by... :lol:

edit: Yup, the picture sums it up nicely. :lol:
thOke

Post by thOke »

IXix wrote:
thOke wrote:The edit field in the resources window is hardly visible here (and i can't resize the window)
Hmmm. What are your display settings? Have you set a larger font size for Windows or anything like that? :?:
Win10 64bit, 1920x1080 (recommended resolution), no special or larger font in use as far as i know,
with Buzz default theme.
I thought you could probably enlarge that small edit window a little bit or change the proportion?!
But it's no big problem. I still can edit the resources in a small slit, i just can't see what i am doing. ;)
tinga

Post by tinga »

thOke wrote:Attachment:
ProgBluesImprovMagic.zip [13.52 KiB]
Downloaded 6 times
Cool demo, realistic guitar.
thOke wrote:Win10 64bit, 1920x1080 (recommended resolution), no special or larger font in use as far as i know,
with Buzz default theme.
Same config exactly, but I can see everything, on the other side, I haven't the real time messages in messages window.
oops, I see that your fonts are larger than the others in the menu bar (chords,arpeggios etc..), mine are exactly same size.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

thOke wrote:
ProgBluesImprovMagic.zip
Did you use the original patternXP or the build-in?
Tethy, EQ3XP and peerScale are "missing" but they are there. Perhaps other versions.

(no patterns and no sound here)
thOke

Post by thOke »

HerrFornit wrote:
thOke wrote:
ProgBluesImprovMagic.zip
Did you use the original patternXP or the build-in?
Tethy, EQ3XP and peerScale are "missing" but they are there. Perhaps other versions.
(no patterns and no sound here)
The original PatterXP.
Are you sure those machines are ONLY in their specific folders -
Tethys and EQ-3 XP in effects and PeerScale in generators!?

Tethys:
http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/download.php ... ne&id=8642
EQ-3 XP
http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/download.php ... ne&id=8580
PeerScale
https://sourceforge.net/projects/btdsys ... p/download
thOke

Post by thOke »

tinga wrote: oops, I see that your fonts are larger than the others in the menu bar (chords,arpeggios etc..), mine are exactly same size.
Hm, i have no idea why. I am using windows standard font, Segoe UI in standard size!?!?
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

@thOke

thanx!

Downloaded the machines. Tethy was still missing, because its version 1.1, which you did use. It has to be the same version.
All machines are there now.
But no patterns because of the XP/XPmod problem of buzz. Even reinstalled the original jeskola pattern xp.dll the gear.xml is there.
Sorry, no sound for me.
thOke

Post by thOke »

HerrFornit wrote:@thOke

thanx!

Downloaded the machines. Tethy was still missing, because its version 1.1, which you did use. It has to be the same version.
All machines are there now.
But no patterns because of the XP/XPmod problem of buzz. Even reinstalled the original jeskola pattern xp.dll the gear.xml is there.
Sorry, no sound for me.
Yes, probably because you replaced the original patternXP with the mod version!?
I have both in my generators folder - "Jeskola Pattern XP.dll" and "Jeskola Pattern XP mod.dll" - to be able to switch between both of them.
gear_defaults.xml wrote: <Machine Name="Jeskola Pattern XP" LoadAtStartup="True" DataFormat="PatternXP"/>
<Machine Name="Jeskola Pattern XP mod" LoadAtStartup="True" DataFormat="PatternXP"/>
You might try these two other versions, one with the built-in, one with the "mod" pattern editor:
PBIM_PatternEditors.zip
(26.76 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

@thOke

thanks for caring!
unfortunately none of the versions work here.
Still no patterns, no sound.
Yes, I use the mod version only. Yet, I don't see the the benefit of using both when losing the content of the patterns, due to editor change.But I tried parallel installation, too.
The gear.xml is as you have written.

A bit off-topic yet, sorry IXix.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

It's not off topic because if you don't get this sorted, you can't be in on the fun. There's a fairly small pool of possible users of this plugin, and you're one of them. The plugin needs users. If the plugin doesn't have users, well, you can't find bugs and people won't be using it, and what's the point of even going on with life!!? jk.

I have a parallel installation of both pattern editors and, in my case, I am able to freely switch between with no loss of pattern data.

Do you have this exact version of visual c++ installed?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=53840
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Can anyone give me a link to Mars 2.5? The robotplanet link is broken.

Also can't find peer scale, so a link to that as well would be great.