Info on HD Saturation and Arguru Inversor

invisible_sweater

Info on HD Saturation and Arguru Inversor

Post by invisible_sweater »

Ope! It's me again. In my quest of mixing, there's a few machines I'm left wondering about...

HD Saturation is a great machine and I use it in almost every track. I've found zero documentation on it though, just wondering what type of saturation it is... Doing my homework, most saturators out there are modeled to emulate tube or tape saturation, and either one should be used in different situations. It's also labeled as "StereoSat", so I was wondering if that implied that it had any sort of multi-channel or stereo widening stuff going on.

Arguru Inversor seems to be the only polarity flip I can find in Buzz native, and the search for free VSTs has been less than fruitful. This is a problem, because Arguru makes some god-awful clicks that ruin the song. The indicator stays lit at all times, as if it always has some sort of signal passing through it, whereas the machine before in the chain goes off and on normally. Thinking maybe it could be something wrong on my end, but I would rather just replace it with something that works better.
onecircles

Re: Info on HD Saturation and Arguru Inversor

Post by onecircles »

Cool! I haven't tried HD Saturation, I'll have to give it a test.

For a phase reverse I think the best is IX strip. It's very accurate and reliable. If you split the signal and phase reverse half of it and then recombine at equal gain absolutely nothing comes out. You would think that would be the case with every phase reverse plugin but no...
nathansnider

Re: Info on HD Saturation and Arguru Inversor

Post by nathansnider »

Cheapo Negative is the inverter I've used most over the years, but recently I've started using Joachim's Converter Tool, which includes an inverter as well as some other handy stuff like gain, DC removal, Mid/Side conversion etc. It hasn't given me any troubles so far, though the true "zero" position for gain is actually -3.1dB. Hadn't even thought to use IX Strip, but I'll have to try that one out too.