Is anybody using surface pro as a Buzzcomputer?

AndersBrontosaurus

Is anybody using surface pro as a Buzzcomputer?

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

Need to buy a new laptop for schoolwork. Thinking about getting an old surface pro 3 or 4 and make use of the tactile possibilities for Buzz. HAs anybody tried to use Buzz with a computer equipped with touchscreen?
szaszhareen

Re: Is anybody using surface pro as a Buzzcomputer?

Post by szaszhareen »

Thought I was getting deja vu for a minute there :lol: I replied to your last post here, but this new post adds the detail: what about the touchscreen with buzz?

snowglobe's metro midi mogrifier is pretty fun with a touchscreen. here's the original thread.

within buzz itself there isn't a whole lot to do with a touchscreen, but the Jeskola Live machine would be fun with it. mixio lends itself pretty well to a touch interface.

overall a surface pro would be ideal for most production stuff, especially live stuff because it's so light and portable. I saw Jihad live recently and he was using a surface pro, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't use buzz.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

A touchscreen works with Buzz (I've tried it and you can push buttons and the menu and stuff...), but yeah, not really designed for that so you'll need a keyboard as well.
Willy

Post by Willy »

I have a cheap convertible and tried using Buzz on it. Wasn't fun :? Should we get donations going so oskari can work on a touchscreen-friendly new version (maybe even an Android/iOS app)?
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

there is a modular tracker that's been designed for touchscreens: sunvox

for a while it was iOS only, but it looks like he's released android and :dance: windows versions!

I'll have to give the windows version a shot and see what it's like on a big ol' 10" touchscreen :dance:

in any case yes donations to the oskari are a good thing :mrgreen:

I could see some clever theming make buzz more touch friendly for live use, but the main workflow advantage for me is the ability to tap out sequences on the keyboard. pointing and clicking or tapping just doesn't make any sense to me for pattern creation, at least with buzz sequencer.