Best way to record audio from an interface in Buzz?

invisible_sweater

Best way to record audio from an interface in Buzz?

Post by invisible_sweater »

Hey folks, me again. Trying to record some guitar tracks into Buzz while my session is playing... I usually export the song and record overdubs in Audacity, but I'd like to do it inside Buzz this time. I remember forever ago I had a setup that would take my guitar input, run it through effects, and record the result into the wavetable. But that was many years ago and I don't have the BMX anymore.

At any rate, I'll probably figure something out, just curious as to what machines or maybe VSTs everyone is using to do this. There are many ways I'm sure. Thanks for any input!
Candle

Re: Best way to record audio from an interface in Buzz?

Post by Candle »

I do this all the time with my own setup. I go from Polac's ASIO In, through a variety of Buzz Machiens & VST's, summed into a stereo track via the LD Mixer & ultimately recorded by Sgorpi's Multi-Track Recorder (records directly to a WAV file). My setup is complex, though I find it easy to work with. But essentially you can go from the ASIO In Machine to Sgorpi's MT Recorder to record directly to WAV in Buzz. Whatever you put in the signal path between these two machines is ultimately up to you.

Hope this helps :)

See You In The Shadows…
Last edited by Candle on Fri May 01, 2020 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Candle

Post by Candle »

FYI, here is my "Live" Guitar Rig Buzz Setup as of February (the last time I did a screen shot). It's actually changed quite a bit since then, but this will give you an idea of how I record my guitar.

See You In The Shadows…
invisible_sweater

That is quite helpful, thanks for the reply! Some interesting stuff in your signal chain I wouldn't have considered, especially the routing.

Since I posted earlier I got Polac ASIO working, just trying different methods of recording now. I think CnG Recorder was the one I used to use, but it doesn't seem to work anymore.
invisible_sweater

Well fudge, it seems every recorder I have in Buzz right now either causes a crash, or straight up doesn't function. Cng, CyanPhase, WhiteNoise... All a dud.

What makes it better, is that the machine download page doesn't seem to be working either?? (Hoping that's just a problem on my end)

Anyone know if there are VSTs that play nice with Buzz, and do the job in a sensible manner?
Candle

Post by Candle »

Yeah, most of the old recorders don't work in New Buzz. Here's a link to DL Sgorpi's MT Recorder:

http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/machineinfo.php?id=7983

And I wonder if you're looking at the old Buzz Machines site for Machine DLs (now dead). The new site is:

http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/

Though there are some newer machiens not available there (WDE's amazing machines (Note Detector, Audioblock), some of IX's latest (Magic) & the Snowglobe suite of Machines). Those ones are all available here on the forum, but you have to dig for them.

As for VSTs that work with Buzz. I have a whole library of VSTs & have yet to find one that doesn't work thru Polac's adapters. I'm a huge fan of the HG Fortune synths, which are now all available for free from Archive.og

https://archive.org/details/HgFortuneSy ... avihostexe

As for my signal chain, it's all made possible by IX's amazing PatchBay machine (I have two instances of it in the above Project - the current version now has three). It's a great machine for routing your signals. The best part is you can customize the number of Inputs & Outputs just by re-naming the DLL file (see the Documentation included with the machine for how to do this). Here's a link to the RobotPlanet DL page for PatchBay if you're interested:

http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/machineinfo.php?id=7740

Hope this helps :D

See You In The Shadows…
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

does this help? easyrec by WDE. Just good.
https://forums.jeskola.net/viewtopic.php?p=14265#p14265

or I use AudioTrack, with polac In:
AT recording.jpg
AT recording.jpg (14.57 KiB) Viewed 3878 times
audiotrack_record_setup.zip
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 207 times
invisible_sweater

Roboplanet is working for me again today! I tried to go there several times last night and it was down for some reason.

Thanks for the links guys!

Yeah I never thought to use the patch bay, but I'll be doing some experimenting with that for sure. I've collected all sorts of random freebie VSTs over the years, as far as synths and effects go. Still tracking down some of the essentials for mixing, and apparently a recorder is on the menu too! Now I've got a few I'll be trying out this evening.

Cheers and thanks for the help!