High CPU on mouse movement

UNZ

High CPU on mouse movement

Post by UNZ »

On my PC, when i move the mouse in buzz quite fast, buzz uses a whole core... also tested it on my laptop, the problem is there, but less pronounced, i think it's something to do with mousemove events firing more often for high dpi mice, but probably something in response to mousemovements is not right in buzz at the moment. It also affects all other machine's GUI, they even stop rendering completely for a second or so when you continue moving the mouse..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ab3rcd0rb ... e.wmv/file
Candle

Re: High CPU on mouse movement

Post by Candle »

I've noticed similar behaviour with the touchpad on my laptop. When I use a USB mouse plugged into the laptop (even plugged in through a secondary monitor), things are much smoother in Buzz.

See You In The Shadows…
UNZ

Post by UNZ »

if you have a logitech mouse, you can set your "Signalrate" to the lowest possible (125) to somewhat mitigate the problem, the cpu load is still much to high, but it doesn't max out the GUI thread at least. At 500 (which is the default and feels smoother too imho) the GUI thread is completely maxed out..
Candle

Post by Candle »

Today it seems worse. Everything I seem to try to do in Buzz just goes slow (I'm working on trouble shooting my Guitar to VSTi Synth control setup). I've re-booted a number of times & things seem to run smoothly for a little while, but then everything just chugs to a halt. My CPU usage just skyrockets & everything starts to grind. It's almost painful. Even my internet connection has been acting up. I think I'll give Buzz a rest for today & hope the Digital Gods are kinder tomorrow. :(

See You In The Shadows…
polac

Post by polac »

There are also problems with high dpi mouses with windows software like the taskmanager or explorer. My brother had problems with it, i still use a stone old logitech mouses so no problems.