Fuzzpilz Trigger Trigger

Candle

Fuzzpilz Trigger Trigger

Post by Candle »

Has anyone used this machine? I can't seem to add tracks to it in the Pattern Editor View. I'm trying to figure out a way to trigger drums from either my Foot Controller or my Guitar (or possibly even a non-MIDI keyboard). I was hoping Trigger Trigger could help me with that, but it might complicate things more if I can't add tracks to it.

On the plus side, I've got my "Live" Buzz Setup running quite well. I'm at the start of another song writing challenge (50-90: write fifty songs in ninety days) that I'm using to "test-drive" & tweak the setup into a smooth performance tool. Huge shout out to IX for his amazing Magic & for putting up with my questions (thanks man!). You can check out the results of these experiments (all made with Buzz) on my 50-90 Page.

See You In The Shadows…
magmavander

Re: Fuzzpilz Trigger Trigger

Post by magmavander »

Peer Trigger can add tracks :

PeerTrigger triggers other machines from a percussive input.
Basically it "listens" to the input and when it hears a "hit" (when the signal rises sharply in amplitude) it triggers whatever other machine's parameter you tell it to.
If you've used LdC Trigger, you'll be right at home with this machine. In fact most of the following parameter descriptions are copied and pasted from that machine's help file :)

Maybe you can control LdC with PeerTrigger ?
Candle

Post by Candle »

I've tried Peer Trigger, but because I'm not using a percussive input, it doesn't work. Trigger Trigger generates a trigger that can then be used with LDC Trigger or even Peer Trigger.

I'll keep experimenting & see what I can do. Thanks for the help Magmavander! :)

See You In The Shadows…
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

There's nothing telling any effect like this what to do with steady state info of an instrument like a guitar, so a tone of like 100 hz should produce a 100 hz trigger if that makes any sense. The only way to get useful results with something like this is to have a filtered and gated signal trigger something, which is kinda what something like PeerENV trigger-trigger > PeerTrigger could do. I usually get better results by listening to the gate ahead of time, then send that output to PeerTrigger.