buzz podcast 2021

szaszhareen

buzz podcast 2021

Post by szaszhareen »

got a random idea for an interesting 2021 project. In the spirit of Ekral's buzzmusic show (circa 2008-2010?), perhaps I could do a 2021 buzz podcast.

The concept:

Episodes would be released monthly or bimonthly depending on how many people want to participate/how much material I can realistically scrape together.
Each episode would be 1-2 buzzers in a short to medium long interview, along with selected tracks, spanning about an hour. There would be a bonus hour with selections from buzztunes.org. I would publish it on mixcloud or some such, maybe cross publish on buzztunes.org.

Given the nature of our community, I would also be open to just reading statements or playing clips in the podcast. Like you don't really have to have an interview if you want to say something, and I can still make sure you're included in the podcast. So you can send me text or audio files and I can work that in.

I would be stoked to talk to any buzzer for the podcast. The depth and breadth of it really depends on how many people want to participate. So, reply below if you are interested and/or PM me, we'll figure out the email/scheduling thing. :mrgreen:

And maybe, this podcast will result in people discovering things, like I discovered Kour from Ekral's podcast...
AndersBrontosaurus

Re: buzz podcast 2021

Post by AndersBrontosaurus »

I would listen!
Would be great to hear the thoughts of some of the musicians and developers.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Nice idea, indeed. Did you notice the recent initiative by invisible_sweater about a buzz you tube channel here in the forum? https://forums.jeskola.net/viewtopic.ph ... 421#p15421
Because of the sheer number of approx 2 dozen active buzz users here, its certainly helpful to bundle projects.
Good luck! :)
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

thanks Herrfornit for the link! I'll see what I can come up with over the next couple months. :)
rajmond

Post by rajmond »

I'd love to participate as a buzz-user... :D I've been producing music in buzz for 20 years now (DAFAQ, that's even possible?!)... And I have not managed to move away for many reasons. Machine-view is simply outstanding (my musican friends that don't use buzz think the same) and well. It is in my fingers. I work so quick in buzz compared to other programs.

well, what have I done that. If we talk about commerical projects I've been writing, playing and producing a few albums with auto-auto (http://www.auto-auto.se/ and https://open.spotify.com/artist/6rkfcuQ ... A4mLApE5yQ).

Lately I've been involved in a project called dnr&do (in swedish) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlIPRJb8-xQ

But the latest project that I am doing is a trip-hop project (long time lurking triphopper) with Emma from DNR&DO, where we share production and writing. I produce in buzz and she fucks it up in some ipad-software where I then take it back, fuck it up even more and mix it to "done"..

It is due to be released during spring 2021 some time.

Anyway. . . Get in touch if you'd like!
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

Thanks Rajmond - PM sent!
invisible_sweater

Post by invisible_sweater »

Hey guys! I always forget to check back in over here as often as I should. But yeah I'm the d00d who posted about making youtube videos about Buzz. I think the podcast is a fantastic idea! Keep in touch with me about that, I'll be down to make an appearance at some point. I think it would be a great cross-networking opportunity for us all. I think it would be really cool to stir up some more interest in Buzz, maybe try to push a new wave of popularity and expand the user base. Even if we're just a bunch of long-time Buzzers entertaining each other, it could still be cool.

I don't have a huge following or anything, I'm kind of a noob to the video making thing really, but I've been serious about it for a year and seeing some views increasing, especially on some of the Buzz content. The theme of my channel is geared mostly toward the self-produced and self-taught DIY musician, from more of a singer-songwriter perspective than a producer or beat-maker point of view, for the most part anyway. I keep it pretty general.

So I'm trying to introduce Buzz to a different demographic, touting it's free price tag as one of the biggest attractions, and giving lessons especially on how to use Buzz for recording and working with WAV audio, which is something I feel new users are bound to get stuck on and turn away in favor of the shinier newer programs. I'm a few videos deep on this concept, learning a few things in the process and adjusting my lessons a little along the way. The plan is to cover the newer methods for working with WAVs (AudioBlock, Easy Rec), then move on to more general Buzz workflows, maybe throw out some "quick tip compilations" and shorter format tutorials. Got a big rant on Matilde Tracker filmed, edited, and about to drop.

If anyone is interested in checking out what I'm up to, you can get to my channel here: https://youtu.be/ea37S3g9J-c

I've been a Buzz user since 2006, with focus on merging my rock vocals and guitar with more of a trip-hop / glitch-rock / noise / psychedelic thing in Buzz. It all gets pretty weird and experimental, I do a lot of different music projects and this one is like the melting pot of all my strangest ideas and uninhibited weirdness. Also my longest running project. Here's my newest release, I wrote all of these songs WAY back in the day, and just finished giving them a nice re-released version:

https://tywulf.bandcamp.com/album/cyan- ... 009-reboot

Thanks for hangin and checking me out, I look forward to hearing more about the podcast project or any other kinds of video / audio collaborations if anyone is into it.