Timeout to give Polac some serious damn love

mute

Timeout to give Polac some serious damn love

Post by mute »

I recently joined a group about obsolete music software....I'll probably leave it soon because they're mostly idiots or dont make music anymore. I thought it'd be about trackers...dos...midi...c64...atari...zx spectrum... etc.. but no.

I can't tell you how many people think 32 bit VST plugins are obsolete (because they're dumb on wrappers...or strictly Ableton or MacOS users which breaks support every couple of years).

Polac has always been on the forefront, and way unrecognized in 32<->64 bit bridging. Buzz is one of very few hosts out there that supports both (Bitwig is another) without issue. We get that shit free. No need for an external patcher/wrapper. We're spoiled. I can easily open projects from 10+ years ago and still use the same favorite plugins to this very date as well as something that came out yesterday without worry. I can more or less setup a new system/computer and know my troubles are going to be minimal. It's crazy.

Long live Polac and his amazing skills. If only the rest of the industry had his solicitude.

If you got stories or love for Polac and PVST... I encourage you to share them. We've all seen him address individual issues, compatibility, wrappers (even with cracks if we're going to honest...you dumb Waves users...), updates, innovation, and future proofing... the guy is amazing. Buzz would not be what it is without him, even before it got updated. I would very easily say that as odd as it is, Buzz has the best VST support of any host period (I've used them all...past and present from acid to live to bitwig to cubase to renoise to whatever...). The backwards and forwards compatibility is honestly RIDICULOUS. Use any other host and you'll quickly realize this.

Personally want to take a second and say.... Thank you Frank! Dunno what I'd do without you. I love Buzz. I love everything about it. Oskari extended it's customization and modularity to crazy levels... just look at what WDE is doing (and lets not forget about BTDsys, or Zeph, or kibibu or the many others that've broken new grounds...sorry if i didn't name you, we might've worked together but know I love you!)... but without the insane support of PVST.. I dunno if we'd still be around this long.

Donate to the guy when you have the means. https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=92 ... SiQqLvu5MG I just did. If link doesn't work you can find it on the pvst homepage. https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/ ...he never asks for it, but do it anyways if you find yourself in the position to.
IXix

Re: Timeout to give Polac some serious damn love

Post by IXix »

Amen to that. Polac is the man.
thOke

Post by thOke »

Word :!:

IX is the other! .. and WDE! Those excellent men still making BUZZ even more exciting today!!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Yeah!! All these awesome people that makes Buzz so special are Genius like Polac with his awesome piece of software that is, I agree with Mute, the best wrapper without contest. Not forgetting BTDSYS with peer machines, Snowglobe and the incredible ScaleWalker, IXixwith Magic and Split, the so useful PattenXP mod from Chahur, WDE that keeps Buzz in modern era, all the coders of all these incredible machines and, of course, Oskari himself.
Maybe it seems exaggerated but all these people changed my life. Really.
MERCI INFINIMENT!!!
PS : I forgot Joachip for the buzz plugins site (what an huge work!!) and Shytan for BuzzTunes where we can share bmx and mp3.
Last edited by magmavander on Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
telengard_t

Post by telengard_t »

Yeah, half of that group is great (old trackers, 8 bit stuff, early 90s DAWS) and then the other half is not that old 32 bit VSTs. I guess it is all relative, if you are 18 that was probably a long time ago. :p

And yes, hats off to Polac!
mute

Post by mute »

magmavander wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:55 pm Yeah!! All these awesome people that makes Buzz so special are Genius like Polac with his awesome piece of software that is, I agree with Mute, the best wrapper without contest. Not forgetting BTDSYS with peer machines, Snowglobe and the incredible ScaleWalker, IXixwith Magic and Split, the so useful PattenXP mod from Chahur, WDE that keeps Buzz in modern era, all the coders of all these incredible machines and, of course, Oskari himself.
May it seems exaggerated but all these people changed my life. Really.
MERCI INFINIMENT!!!
PS : I forgot Joachip for the buzz plugins site (what an huge work!!) and Shytan for BuzzTunes where we can share bmx and mp3.
YES! Perhaps I should've just made a dev appreciation post in general! Mad love and respect to all you great people out there not just keeping Buzz alive but moving forward.
telengard_t wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:01 pm Yeah, half of that group is great (old trackers, 8 bit stuff, early 90s DAWS) and then the other half is not that old 32 bit VSTs. I guess it is all relative, if you are 18 that was probably a long time ago. :p
yeah, i was a bit harsh on the group in my description... but aye, i was drinking... :P same drinking inspired the outpour of appreciation to frank heh. go figure.

oh btw, welcome!
Candle

Post by Candle »

Ditto on everything everyone said. Without the Devs, Buzz would be a long forgotten piece of software maybe kept for nostalgia purposes. But it's usable & competative in an ever expanding market of DAWs & other Music Composition/Recording technology. I'm constantly amazed at what is possible with this software. Sometimes it takes some thinking outside of the box to get something to work. But there always seems to be a way to get from the idea in my head to the WAV file on my computer. And the support offered by the Devs - wow. I mean, you post something here on the Forum & within 24-48 hours you get a reply from the dev - and other community members - simply wanting to help out & problem solve. It's awesome. There's nothing like Buzz, Buzz Devs & this amazing community.

Osakari, Polac, IX, WDE, CyanPhase, BTDSys, Sgorpi, Snowglobe, FSM - I couldn't do what I do without the amazing machines you all have created & shared. I've been able to make the madness in my head become a reality because of the code you all have put together. And the fact that new machines are still being developed & that many of those Devs mentioned are available to help troubleshoot problems & figure out ideas - well: that's priceless.

Special shout-out to IX who has probably - more than anyone else - put up with my problems & questions. You sir, are a gentleman & a visionary who is always looking to better this amazing DAW we all love so much. We all can't wait for the next game changing machine you code. Though, I have to say, it's gonna be hard to top Magic ;)

See You In The Shadows…
IXix

Post by IXix »

So much respect for Polac and also for Oskari, without whom none of this would be possible. My contributions are miniscule by comparison but thanks for the kind words. :)
tinga

Post by tinga »

Many people would use Buzz if they knew our great Polac VST(i) loader.
There is also the multi in/out audio/midi, not a detail. I'm on the Vital forum, many people have problems with their daws, not me, and yes we are lucky, Pvst make Buzz alive for a long time again. Thank you Frank for the exceptional quality of your work, respect.
Candle wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:05 pm Sometimes it takes some thinking outside of the box to get something to work.
Its one of the interesting things I like in Buzz, a way where sometime we can discover amazing functionality.
IXix wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:20 pm My contributions are miniscule by comparison but thanks for the kind words.
Exaggeration that could pass for false modesty :lol: however essential for my survival in Buzz.

Jeskola Buzz top Vst host/daw, an indisputable reality.
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

I would very easily say that as odd as it is, Buzz has the best VST support of any host period (I've used them all...past and present from acid to live to bitwig to cubase to renoise to whatever...). The backwards and forwards compatibility is honestly RIDICULOUS. Use any other host and you'll quickly realize this.
I can second this notion.

I remember years back when I used to email Frank frequently with feature requests, bug reports, etc. He told me I was doing automation wrong by using midi controllers over directly accessing parameters.. Suffice it to say, this absolutely blew my mind and since then I have found out that this leaves just about every other VST host in the dust. Most DAWs and even other trackers (looking at you Renoise) are limited to automating via midi CC messages which have a resolution of 127 steps. Contrast this with Polac adapter that has a resolution of 32767 steps!

Don't even get me started on the routing possibilities! I can make patch in Reaktor to send to another VSTi on a specific midi channel. I can send Reaktor peerchord data, split up the notes by channels, then route some or all of those channels to new VSTi's based on custom timing, tuning, or whatever I want.
szaszhareen

Post by szaszhareen »

Piling on this love bandwagon. Thanks Polac and Oskari and all the devs who made it possible for me to learn and make computer music :) :dance: :mrgreen: :geek:
polac

Post by polac »

Wow, I was 2 month away and now i got tons of donations and wondering why :). Big thanks to all who donated!
magmavander

Post by magmavander »

Mine was very very modest but you and Oskari deserve it.
Maybe we should create a leetchi account for the machine coders ?
And give for one or more coders of our choice.
onecircles

Post by onecircles »

Polac is literally a god to me. Polac you changed my life. I am not exhaggerating. Thank you and thank you to all the devs. Buzz is still the center of my life, thank you everybody for making this the greatest software of all time. I don't think I'll ever move on.