Copy machine settings to a pattern

n3wjack

Copy machine settings to a pattern

Post by n3wjack »

Man, I know it's possible but I forgot how to do it.

IIRC there is a way to copy all parameter settings from a machine into a pattern. Sort of like saving it as a preset, but in a pattern. I did this a lot to get my initial machine settings right in the beginning of a tune, and then use the record button to get some automation going.
Afterwards you can reset the machine again with that initialisation pattern.

I thought there used to be a copy-button on it to do that, but is seems to be gone.
IXix

Re: Copy machine settings to a pattern

Post by IXix »

You can select the whole row and press ctrl+T in pattern XP.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

n3wjack wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:10 am I thought there used to be a copy-button on it to do that, but is seems to be gone.
Wait ... you're totally right! Completely forgotten about that despite using it frequently on 'old' buzz. Yeah the 'Copy' button used to be at the top of the machine parameter screen:

Then you'd just hit CTRL-V to paste those values in the pattern editor.

Thought I'd just forgotten to implement it in my own theme, but I reset to the default theme and it's not there either. You can right click to copy the preset as an xml or ascii, but there doesn't appear to be any way of pasting that into the Pattern Editor
n3wjack

Post by n3wjack »

Yes indeed, I used the copy button & then CTRL-V in the pattern editor all the time to do this.

CTRL-T also works though, but you just have to know that shortcut exists. I actually checked the manual again, but couldn't find any reference to it. :D
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

You're right - totally missed the 'highlight the columns you want to paste the info into' step when using CTRL-T ... Works perfect :dance: