Odd error when saving BMX

Candle

Odd error when saving BMX

Post by Candle »

I have been getting this odd error when trying to save some recent changes to my "Live" Buzz setup. It is saying it can't open a Temp version of the BMX & then Buzz crashes without saving any of the changes. Here's a screenshot:

I also tried "Save As" & giving the file a different name, but that just crashes Buzz without the Error warning & saves an empty BMX (i.e. it only has the Master machine in it).

Anyone know what this "Temp" file is & why Buzz can't find it?

AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics 12 GB RAM
Windows 10 Home 10.0.19042
Jeskola Buzz 1.2 Build 1503

Thanks in advance!

See You In The Shadows…
HerrFornit

Re: Odd error when saving BMX

Post by HerrFornit »

Never seen such a message. Really weird. Did you reinstall a new system recently, was it you? Perhaps an access rights thing? Did it work with new setup before?
Did you try to start buzz with Adminrights?
Candle

Post by Candle »

It is a new install, but I've been working with this install for about a month now. This just started happening. I always load Buzz with Administrator rights because LD Mixer won't work without Admin rights.

Should I do another re-install :?:

See You In The Shadows…
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Hm. Don't know. I would try to deactivate the virus scan, look for maleware first. Copy the bmx to another drive and try to load it from there. Give it a short test filename. It's in the users directory, perhaps related to that? Is in your file explorer options the option checked "show file extensions" ? Perhaps .bmx.temp is not shown. Delete it to one BMX extension only.
Try to load it on another computer/installation if you have. Sorry if you have all tried that before ;)

EDIT: I have looked for a temp file on my PC. I found a file in my test directory on second HDD. In addition to the regularly named bmx. It is a song by monoton.
Candle

Post by Candle »

So there is a .bmx.temp version in the same directory. I copied the original BMX to another folder & remaned it to "Live Test.bmx". Opened it in Buzz, made a change & tried to save. The same error happened & a .bmx.temp version was added to this new folder. I tried creating a new Buzz project adding just a Primi Fun & a Sonic Verb to the file. Then I saved it & it saved fine - without creating the .bmx.temp version.

So it looks like something is wrong with the original BMX. I might just have to rebuild the entire file from scratch. Oh well, there could be worse things…

Thank you for all your help HerrFornit :D

See You In The Shadows…
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

OK. At least no new installation needed!
It should work to mark all, then copy&paste the setup via clipboard to a new setup or perhaps save as a template (last prob same error?).