Using different inputs from the audio interface?

Mozart von Robot

Using different inputs from the audio interface?

Post by Mozart von Robot »

How do I put this? Where do I begin?
I have an RME Babyface (the older model) audio interface.
These are its inputs:
Analog (1+2)
SPDIF/ADAT (1+2)
ADAT (3+4)
ADAT (5+6)
ADAT (7+8)
Thanks to the RME TotalMix FX software that came with the interface, I can route virtual outputs back into those digital inputs (not the analog one, obviously), basically turning them into virtual audio cables through which I can pull the audio from any program into any program that lets me access those inputs (which is practically anything that uses audio inputs; browser, skype, games, DAWs, you name it), just by making the necessary adjustments in the mixer program.
This is great. Except I don't know how access these inputs in Buzz (if it's even possible). Outputs? No problem, I can route Buzz into anything, but I can't route what I want into Buzz. Polac ASIO In seems to have two input options: 0 and 1, which seem to correspond to Analog (1) and Analog (1+2). Is there any way to access the full list of inputs, either through ASIO In or through some other, similar machine? Or VST, for that matter, although I have a hard time imagining such a thing would be useful outside of Buzz since this is typically a built-in feature.
I could see this question also being useful for anyone who uses a USB microphone or any other setup that uses multiple audio inputs.
River Cricket

Re: Using different inputs from the audio interface?

Post by River Cricket »

Polac ASIO In is deprecated, you want Polac Audio In (which, perhaps confusingly in this context, will dynamically rename itself to "Polac ASIO In" once you drop it into the Machine View, as long as you're using the Polac ASIO driver in View > Preferences > Wave Output).
Mozart von Robot

River Cricket wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:35 pm Polac ASIO In is deprecated, you want Polac Audio In (which, perhaps confusingly in this context, will dynamically rename itself to "Polac ASIO In" once you drop it into the Machine View, as long as you're using the Polac ASIO driver in View > Preferences > Wave Output).
Okay, but I still don't see where I can access the full list of inputs.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Right click on the '0' that appears halfway between the machine and the machine cable 'arrow':

Depending on the audio interface you may wish to switch from stereo inputs to mono inputs by right clicking on Polac Audio In and going down to Attributes -> Mono/Stereo Inputs and changing from 1 to 0
Mozart von Robot

mcbpete wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:44 pm Right click on the '0' that appears halfway between the machine and the machine cable 'arrow':

Oh, wow! This changes everything. I never even noticed that (0) thing. Thank you so much! I'm definitely gonna experiment with this.