fsex300.ttf

boombaxx

fsex300.ttf

Post by boombaxx »

Hi i am trying to install buzz x64 on a win 10 machine. I had already installed it with no issue but now it won't start. It just hangs all the time and does nothing i tried uninstalling it but now when i try and install i get this error message FSEX300.ttf cannot be installed access denied. I thought ttf was a font why will it not let me install a font
IXix

Re: fsex300.ttf

Post by IXix »

I don't think FSEX300.ttf is part of the Buzz installation. It's not on my machine and I've got Buzz installed twice.

edit: Oh, nope, wrong. It's there. :roll:
Last edited by IXix on Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HerrFornit

Post by HerrFornit »

Its here in "c:\windows\fonts", buzz installed on Win10homex64 laptop.

Perhaps admin rights or read/write attribute, deactivatte antivirus?
mirens

Post by mirens »

I had the same problem yesterday. I renamed the folder where I put all my VST plugins so buzz can not read them at startup, and buzz started normally. Maybe it is some plugin causing the problem.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

fsex300.ttf is a variant of the fixedsys font (filename is short for 'Fixedsys Excelsior v3.00')

Looking at the install time on my machine it syncs up when I first installed Buzz x86 on here. I think it's the default font used in Pattern View (and maybe sequence view ?) so if it's not available then I guess Buzz freaks out.

Try re(-re)installing Buzz but make sure to right click on the installer and Run as Admin. If that doesn't work you could try manually downloading the font and installing as admin from here - https://www.cufonfonts.com/font/fixedsys-excelsior-301 (click on the 'download font for desktop' box on the right about half way down the page)
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

Hi thanks for the replies i realised about the admin rights but buzz is hanging at startup it does eventually start but takes an hour. Was there not a program where u could see what buzz was loading plugins and so forth on startup. Or is there anyway to create a log of startup. I must have something buzz does not like. This is a brand new machine amd 3700x 32gb of ram. Everything else seems to work fine including reaper. I am using only the basic buzz setup with polac. Really want to get back using buzz reapers ok but it,s not buzz :dance:
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

Yeah Microsoft are still releasing Process Monitor updates so you can use that to see where your process is stalling/failing - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysint ... ds/procmon (it's a portable app that doesn't need installing.) When you run it go to Filter ->Filter ... and on the dropdowns select 'Process Name' 'Contains' and then in the third box enter: buzz

Then run Buzz and see what pops up in Process Monitor

Is there a reason for you specifically using the 64 bit version of Buzz - I'd personally recommend the 32bit one even these days, and use Polac VST for the bit bridge to use 64bit VSTs. I found Buzz x64 just way too flaky to be usable

Additional check: Are you using the 64 bit version of Polac's VSTi loader ? https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/beta/pv ... .10b37.zip
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

I have kontakt where a piano patch is 8 gig that's the only reason. I usually use 32 but if i want to use kontakt i have to use 64. It seems to be coming from buzz engine 32 is hanging it doesn't mention a plugin.
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

when i click event properties it says plugin.dat end of file
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

I can confirm that I also have C:\Windows\Fonts\FSEX300.ttf
575668 bytes, 2012-feb-02
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

boombaxx wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:07 pm I have kontakt where a piano patch is 8 gig that's the only reason. I usually use 32 but if i want to use kontakt i have to use 64. It seems to be coming from buzz engine 32 is hanging it doesn't mention a plugin.
The Polac's x64 -> 32bit bridge can definitely handle large Kontakt libraries - Just loaded Chris Hein's Ensemble Strings full patch (11.79gb) and no problems whatsoever :)

Here it is happily running a 9gb Violin patch (using just over 4gb RAM) through Falcon a little while ago:

plugins.dat is the Polac VST database file. Something may have got corrupted, you can try renaming
C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Polac\Vst Loader\1.1.10\plugins.dat to plugin.old and let Polac rebuild it on the next load
boombaxx

Post by boombaxx »

It loads now but it broke polac vst
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

You'll need to load up a 'blank' version of Polac VSTi 1.1 in machine view. Then Right click -> Preferences -> Global 2 and in the bottom right click Clean Up and on the top right click Full Rescan. If Buzz breaks again on load you'll know that it's one of your VSTs that causing it (as mentioned earlier by mirens)