PatternXP RE

mcbpete

Re: PatternXP RE

Post by mcbpete »

Ah OK, you're nearly there - As I say you need to download the original Pattern XP source from here: https://github.com/chahur/Buzz-PatternXP (click the green 'code' button and then 'download .zip')

Once unzipped move the Buzz-PatternXP-master folder (it might well be within yet another 'Buzz-PatternXP-master' folder depending on your zip software) next to the folder you've kept PatternXPRE_src in

e.g. I've downloaded it to my C:\temp folder so have:

C:\temp\PatternXPRE_src\
C:\temp\Buzz-PatternXP-master\

Rename 'Buzz-PatternXP-master' to just 'buzz' and it should then find the 'xmemdc.h' header file

Once successfully compiled you should then have a .dll in the folder c:\Buzz
wde

Post by wde »

I copied something from chahur's version of xmemdc.h/cpp files to make PXPRE compile but it should be very similar/same. Anyways I included those files in the source zip.
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

mcbpete wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:07 am Once successfully compiled you should then have a .dll in the folder c:\Buzz
thank you mcbpete
I did everything you explained ,but
Not success still. As usual same error : "Cannot open include file"
I click on that error and move to find the solution here so , there could be many possible reasons why not working..
I read about external dependencies , so tried to add manually that file ,just for experiment, (abortive attempt :lol: ),included directories etc..but nothing helps.
Then tried click on : Project>Add Module.. >Header File (.h).. but it was wrong.. :oops:
I think this information is included like default in VS project ,isn't it...
I will try to reinstall new Windows system (10 x64) on another HDD/SSD and fresh VS 2022 install again later..
Thanks mcbpete
EDIT : Thank you WDE for response.. :)
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

A few of the files in that updated source (PatternXP.vcxproj, stdafx.h, MachinePattern.h ) look like they were pointing to files two folders up from the main source code folder (..\..\Buzz) rather than just the one (..\Buzz)

This should build for you without any project tweaking (hopefully!) or entire OS reinstalling !

http://www.ilovecubus.co.uk/pete/patternxpre_src.zip
temporalsounds

Post by temporalsounds »

mcbpete wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:17 pm This should build for you without any project tweaking (hopefully!) or entire OS reinstalling !
Hi mcbpete!
Much ,much better results from that last link you posted,with some warnings :dance: :dance: :D
thank you so much! 8-) 8-) I have to learn a lot..
I'll let you know if the .dll works in Buzz. (Have to run to work ,last day this year :dance: .)
THANK YOU
EDIT : 12/20/2021
dll works good, but I'll keep that original from WDE in my buzz generator directory for sure :D
Thanks mcbpete for your response and link... ,I would never reach this results without your hand definitely 8-)
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

Hey WDE, I like it a lot, for a decade I was dreaming of the following pattern function, really knocked me out :dance:
This will be my Pattern Editor from now on. :dance:
Could there be an alternative setting for the blinking focused cursor like a general non blinking, but showing the state by color?
Like green for focused, and white for non focused.
I would dance for you. :dance:
Klangkulisse

Post by Klangkulisse »

And may be I missed it anyway in (original) Pattern XP, but was does Midi Edit do? :)
Iutilain

Post by Iutilain »

Klangkulisse wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:03 am And may be I missed it anyway in (original) Pattern XP, but was does Midi Edit do? :)
If you enable midi edit you can input notes with a midi keyboard.

And thanks wde, the follow functions are a great addition!
wde

Post by wde »

Small updates. Enjoy!
  • Ctrl-Alt-M: Midi edit
  • Ctrl-Alt-B: Blinking cursor
  • Should better auto-scale based on screen DPI
IXix

Post by IXix »

wde wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:48 am Should better auto-scale based on screen DPI
Yes, much better here! Thanks! :dance:
etruscan

Post by etruscan »

This is awesome, thanks wde :dance:

I'm really happy to see 'Follow Playing Pattern' - this is a great listening/editing tool and has been on my wish list for some time.

One thing I've noticed about it: the Pattern name/number shown above 'Follow Play Position' doesn't update to current playing pattern; it stays on the name of the first played pattern. I caught this in a video:

https://streamable.com/hrq18t

Is it possible to make it change to show the name of the currently playing pattern as well as the pattern itself?
wde

Post by wde »

etruscan wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:13 am Is it possible to make it change to show the name of the currently playing pattern as well as the pattern itself?
I was hoping nobody would notice that because initially I didn't think it can be done :) There might be a workaround and I can take a look when I have time. I'm spending my currently very limited Buzz time to finish a new mixer ;)
etruscan

Post by etruscan »

Thanks dude, your contributions to the Buzz world are awesome!
wde

Post by wde »

etruscan wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:13 am One thing I've noticed about it: the Pattern name/number shown above 'Follow Play Position' doesn't update to current playing pattern; it stays on the name of the first played pattern. I caught this in a video:

Is it possible to make it change to show the name of the currently playing pattern as well as the pattern itself?
Should work now. Also CTRL-Alt-O: shadow
etruscan

Post by etruscan »

wde wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:56 pm
etruscan wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:13 am One thing I've noticed about it: the Pattern name/number shown above 'Follow Play Position' doesn't update to current playing pattern; it stays on the name of the first played pattern. I caught this in a video:

Should work now. Also CTRL-Alt-O: shadow
Thank you, that's excellent!
synthphase

Post by synthphase »

I've had some intermittent crashes with PatternXP RE when undoing a lot of changes to a pattern. I can't pin down exactly how many undo's will crash it, but I know it's a lot, like over 100. Is there a cap on number of undo's supported?
wde

Post by wde »

synthphase wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:58 am I've had some intermittent crashes with PatternXP RE when undoing a lot of changes to a pattern. I can't pin down exactly how many undo's will crash it, but I know it's a lot, like over 100. Is there a cap on number of undo's supported?
The way undo/redo works has not been changed from the original PatternXP. Seems to work fine in the Modern Pattern Editor ;)