Connection Mixer Console

IXix

Re: Connection Mixer Console

Post by IXix »

wde wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:50 pm 1.1.1
  • Bug fix
  • Mouse wheel (menu)
  • # of connections
Excellent, thanks! Can't wait to test but I'm away from my controller for a few days.
wde wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:50 pm Param sliders are 1 to 1 mapped to machine parameters using Buzz API. You could just add another connection to monitor audio from other chains or add another CMC.
Okay, no big deal. Those param sliders are handy for send levels but yeah, there are other ways to manage such things. Thanks for the update. :dance:
IXix

Post by IXix »

Any chance you could add some mappable buttons, say a row of four above or below the param sliders? They'd be handy for controlling params that only have an on/off value.

Something else that would be very useful is some kind of solo defeat mechanism, so you could tell an instance of CMC to ignore solos from specific other instances. I guess you'd have to detect when instance A solo's a channel and then automatically solo all of instance B's channels so they would remain audible but it would be a bit more complicated if instance B already had some channels solo'd or muted. What do you think?
IXix

Post by IXix »

Back on the controller now and found a couple of bugs.
  • MIDI operation of the solo buttons isn't working. Clicking the button with the mouse works fine but pressing a bound controller button doesn't work (whereas the mute button works as expected)
  • MIDI bindings don't seem to work after loading a mapping file or creating a CMC from a Buzz template. The bindings seem to be intact but nothing responds to the MIDI signals (I checked that MIDI was coming in and routed to the CMC). Bindings saved with a song file work fine though.
wde

Post by wde »

Should be fixed now, but let me know if you still find issues.

Note that to make MIDI work in templates you need to include at least one pattern for CMC. Also, I did change the data structure at some point, so if you still see some issues try to remove & add CMC to your project.

I'm pretty satisfied with current feature set so I try to avoid adding things I might not use. You should be able use the sliders for on/off type events btw. I'll share the code soon once I've cleaned it. It's... more like art than anything else :lol:
IXix

Post by IXix »

Ace, that's my Saturday entertainment sorted!
wde wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:24 pm It's... more like art than anything else :lol:
I can relate to that. :lol:
IXix

Post by IXix »

All seems to be working pretty well now. The only fly in the ointment is that the tooltips for the the volume and pan are in an odd position (mouse cursor is at the red arrow)...

Image Image

Final requests:
  • Would it be possible to type values into the level/pan boxes?
  • Setting up connections via the pop-up menus is a bit laborious. An extra dialog with the cmc channels on the left and a list of available connections on the right would be really helpful. If the list of connections could be filtered by a text input that would be even better. Dialog is a big request I know, so no worries if you'd rather not.
wde

Post by wde »

IXix wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:28 pm All seems to be working pretty well now. The only fly in the ointment is that the tooltips for the the volume and pan are in an odd position (mouse cursor is at the red arrow)...
I'll try to fix this. I guess you are using some UI scaling other than 100% in Windows settings? It seems that mouse position scales as well. I need to reverse it back.

Btw, go to machine view and start typing a machine name. Does the text box appear similarly further away (south-east) from current mouse cursor position?
IXix

Post by IXix »

wde wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:14 pmI guess you are using some UI scaling other than 100% in Windows settings? It seems that mouse position scales as well. I need to reverse it back.

Btw, go to machine view and start typing a machine name. Does the text box appear similarly further away (south-east) from current mouse cursor position?
Correct guess! Windows scaling is 125% (recommended) and yes, now you mention it the machine name field does exhibit similar behaviour. A fix would be nice but it's not a major problem so don't stress if it's not a trivial job.
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

IXix wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:40 am Correct guess! Windows scaling is 125% (recommended) and yes, now you mention it the machine name field does exhibit similar behaviour. A fix would be nice but it's not a major problem so don't stress if it's not a trivial job.
Looks like I had the same issue back in 2012 (was also running at 125%) but seemed to have been fixed in a build in 2015 - viewtopic.php?p=3657#p3657 (reported in the first post, flagged as fixed on the last post - ignore the 3 screenshots in the first post, I used the same URL for the jpgs when reporting another thing a few years later). Possibly see if you get the same behaviour on different skins/themes ....
IXix

Post by IXix »

mcbpete wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:16 pmseemed to have been fixed in a build in 2015 - viewtopic.php?p=3657#p3657
Hmmm, I'm on 1503. Themes make no difference. I wonder if a reinstall might help?

If not I can live with it. Changing the Windows scaling isn't an option, I like to be able to read things on the screen. :lol:
mcbpete

Post by mcbpete »

IXix wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:56 pm Changing the Windows scaling isn't an option, I like to be able to read things on the screen. :lol:
Yeah I honestly can't remember what I did between 2012 and 2015 as Buzz was still my primary DAW back then. You could maybe try some of the scaling compatibility options to see if that helps -https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing ... -app-basis
wde

Post by wde »

Should work now. Maybe there has been some Windows update that changed the scale behavior.

FYI. I found handy helper methods in BuzzGUI.Common to fix this:

Code: Select all

Point pos = Win32Mouse.GetScreenPosition();
pos.X /= WPFExtensions.PixelsPerDip;
pos.Y /= WPFExtensions.PixelsPerDip;
IXix

Post by IXix »

wde wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:34 pm Should work now...
Yes that's much better, the tips are in the general area where you'd expect them to be. The pan tip seems to pop up wherever the mouse cursor first enters the general area of the pan control rather than follow the mouse position. The volume tip is centered exactly on the mouse cursor which means the cursor actually obscures part of the tip text, so a bit to one side would be better.

Thinking about it though, the vol/pan tooltips are a bit redundant since you added the fixed readouts, so it's probably not worth you spending any more time fiddling with them. I doubt anyone would miss them if you just turned them off.

edit: Actually, the pan tip does follow the mouse. It sticks at the entry point until you adjust the control and then jumps to the mouse position.
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

I'm happy on 32bit mixio, but... this is super cool still. Thank you for your work on this.

My killer feature request would be a multitrack recorder built into it. It would save me hours of tedious work.

Edit: the sgorpi_mtw source is available here and I made the same suggestion then as well (however I am not that good of a programmer): viewtopic.php?t=1844
wde

Post by wde »

mridlen wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:40 am My killer feature request would be a multitrack recorder built into it. It would save me hours of tedious work.
It was easier to enhance Jeskola Loop Recorder to make it more fitting to do multi-connection recording.

Normally Loop Recorder detects an audio signal before it starts to record.

Now you can:
  1. Select 'Record Immediately...'
  2. Select connections you want to record
  3. Click 'Start'
  4. Move play position to where you want to start recording
  5. Play song
Should take only few minutes ;)
Joachip

Post by Joachip »

IXix wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:40 amWindows scaling is 125% (recommended)
Be careful with that 125% scaling value. It's rather poorly supported by both .NET and even win32 things. Expect trouble if you go for anything else than 100%.
IXix

Post by IXix »

Joachip wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:46 amBe careful with that 125% scaling value. It's rather poorly supported by both .NET and even win32 things. Expect trouble if you go for anything else than 100%.
That's unfortunate and somewhat stupid since so many people will be using it. Sadly, I need it. :(
mridlen

Post by mridlen »

wde wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:19 pm
mridlen wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:40 am My killer feature request would be a multitrack recorder built into it. It would save me hours of tedious work.
It was easier to enhance Jeskola Loop Recorder to make it more fitting to do multi-connection recording.
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Just getting around to testing this out. Thank you so much!